Sign in to follow this  
NdaCloud

Why doesn't my seconlife viewer remember my username and password?

Question

I don't know the answer...but if I were you, I would not enable "remember my password".  If you do, any random person passing your computer can sit down and log in as you.  This is very poor security practice.

3 answers to this question

I don't know the answer...but if I were you, I would not enable "remember my password".  If you do, any random person passing your computer can sit down and log in as you.  This is very poor security practice.

You may be having a problem with your router or with your DNS settings, so that you're not getting completely logged in.

1.  Unplug the router from the power for a few minutes while you go make a sandwich.  Then plug it back in.  That will reboot it and may clear up the problem.

2.  If not add Google's free public DNS servers to whatever your ISP assigns you as a default. Here's how >>> http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

3.  If things are STILL messed up, contact your ISP. Maybe they are working on their Internet connections. Mine go down for about 20 minutes once a month or so while they are vacuuming dust out of their servers, or whatever they do.

It's a setup problem with your operating system, not the viewer "remember me" thing.  Your operating system can remember your log in name (your SL username) and the associated password.  Though it's not the best thing to use, it's infinitly better than the viewer "remember me" option (someone would have to log in on your computer to easily log in as you).  You'll have to dig into the security settings for the operating system you are using.