Why doesn't my seconlife viewer remember my username and password?

NdaCloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have the box checked for my secondlife viewer to remember my username and password, but, it doesn't remember it.  It's been taking a long time for my viewer to log in because of that (it's not my cache).  Instead of filling in my username and password like it use to do, it eventually comes back with a message saying "Can’t fill in username and password. This may happen when you change network setup."  I don't know what it's talking about, I don't even know how to change network setup whatever that means.  It has been doing this for a couple weeks now.  I am using the latest version of the secondlife viewer.

Anybody know what's going on with my viewer?

3 answers to this question

You may be having a problem with your router or with your DNS settings, so that you're not getting completely logged in.

1.  Unplug the router from the power for a few minutes while you go make a sandwich.  Then plug it back in.  That will reboot it and may clear up the problem.

2.  If not add Google's free public DNS servers to whatever your ISP assigns you as a default. Here's how >>> http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

3.  If things are STILL messed up, contact your ISP. Maybe they are working on their Internet connections. Mine go down for about 20 minutes once a month or so while they are vacuuming dust out of their servers, or whatever they do.

It's a setup problem with your operating system, not the viewer "remember me" thing.  Your operating system can remember your log in name (your SL username) and the associated password.  Though it's not the best thing to use, it's infinitly better than the viewer "remember me" option (someone would have to log in on your computer to easily log in as you).  You'll have to dig into the security settings for the operating system you are using.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.