Customer Service

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Agree, support is costly and time consuming. I mean the feel good part of all this is making people happy and you get a great chance to do that if you can manage really good support (which you can and do).

Torley was mentioned ... he was actually responsible in viewer 2 to head up the built in viewer help. He was doing a bang up job of it single handedly but then I think he got pulled in too many different directions.

The idea was to really flesh out the help and make it much easier to find, than the wiki and knowledge base and answers and forums.

If only we had a proper manual with user comments on topics. Telling people to RTFM (nicely) and pointing them to the right topic would save everyone time and money.

It's a shortcoming of LL as a parent to teach their children how to tie our shoes.

Thankfully in RL we don't need to teach customers ...

"No, wait ... don't wear the box, open the box."

"You need to push to get out. No not the wall, push on the door."

"You do realize that at the moment you look like someone ran you through the nearest particle collider?"

"Most of your foot should go INSIDE the shoe ... no, your OTHER left"

"I'm sorry that's broken for you but we don't make steampunk flamingo x-ray goggles, let's find out who did."

Ha!  That is a fun game!

Customer to Car Dealer:

There is a pothole in front of my house; it jars me.

At 5:00 there are so many other cars around I can't go fast.

I drove over a nail and my tire went flat.

I got rear ended.

My battery is dead.

I am out of gas.

This is an oldie but a goodie:

True story from a Novell NetWare Sysop:

Caller: "Hello, is this Tech Support?"

Tech: "Yes, it is. How may I help you?"

Caller: "The cup holder on my PC is broken and I am within my warranty period. How do I go about getting that fixed?"

Tech: "I'm sorry, but did you say a cup holder?"

Caller: "Yes, it's attached to the front of my computer."

Tech: "Please excuse me. If I seem a bit stumped, it's because I am. Did you receive this as part of a promotional at a trade show? How did you get this cup holder?

Caller: It came with my computer. I don't know anything about a promotion. It just has '4X' on it."

At this point, the Tech Rep had to mute the caller because he couldn't stand it. He was laughing too hard. The caller had been using the load drawer of the CD-ROM drive as a cup holder and snapped it off the drive.

More amusement of this type here.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

If you'd like, next time I'm in world I'll send you a copy of the Script. It's fairly easy to understand and you could probably customize it to put standard text into the box name and floating text if you want.

/waves hand wildly and says "Ooo, Ooo, Ooo" a la Arnold Horshack.  May I get a copy of that script as well, if it's free.  If not, I will be happy to pay for it. :)

Not that this will address the 90% of CS requests that don't have anything to do with my products, I have decided I am going to make an instructional picture slide show for kitchen setup and features. I can have the slide show pop up out of the box on rez.  Will be quite an undertaking, and I don't really get many requests about the kitchens except from those who don't read the notecard at all, but it will just make things easier for customers.

One major limitation is that I have many hundreds of boxed items and there is no way I am going to redo them all but at least going forward I can do it.

Appreciate the brainstorming, it helped a lot!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.