Multisim protection

Gaia Gabe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

*nods* But honestly I find that 500 avatars are more than adequate. If you are expecting to have more than 500 greifers in the span of 6 months then there is something wrong hehe. If your list gets too big clear it every 6 months or so. You will find that the vast majority of people you have banned will be long gone and now on a new alt within that span so having their names on the list for a long time is useless.

I dont have the time to check every avatar name on ban list ...and very often spammers come back......my main problem are spammers , not griefers...I ban , I report to LL ....I clear the ban list and they come back ,

I ban about 5 spammers a day...make your math .. :-(

OK, here is a totally untested script.  I suggest that you try it out on friendly colleagues first (and then remember to UNban them when you are done :smileysurprised:).  I make no guarantees, because this is completely off the top of my head. 

integer gChan;integer gLsn;key gKeyRq;key gAv;default{	state_entry()	{		gChan = (integer)("0xF" + llGetSubString(llGetOwner(),0,6));	}		touch_start(integer total_number)	{		if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())		{			gLsn = llListen(gChan,"","","");			llTextBox(llGetOwner()," \nPlease enter the UUID of the avatar to ban from your estate, and then click the \"Submis\" button.",gChan);		}	}	listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string msg)	{		if (llStringLength(msg) == 32)		{			gAv = (key)msg;			gKeyRq = llRequestUsername(gAv);		}		else if (msg == "YES")		{			llManageEstateAccess(ESTATE_ACCESS_BANNED_AGENT_ADD, gAv);			llOwnerSay("Action completed at your request.");			llListenRemove(gLsn);		}		else		{			llListenRemove(gLsn);		}			}	dataserver(key QiD, string data)	{		if (QiD == gKeyRq)		{			llDialog(llGetOwner(), " \n You are about to ban a person named " +data + ". Is this correct?", ["YES","NO"],gChan);		}	}					}

NOTE: This script will respond ONLY to the person who owns the object that it's in, and ONLY if that person has estate manager authority.  It cannot be used to ban an estate manager.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.