Sign in to follow this  
braylasana

MLPv2 or XPOSE?... or AV Sitter?

I have thus far built kitchens and sofas of the PG variety.  I have new items that I would like to add adult animations to.  I know these two are very similar - but I would like both potential buyers and builders weigh in on the pros and cons of each.  I use AV sitter for simple things but there is no xcite script for it.  Your thoughts?

*Edited title to reflect the direction the thread has gone, in case another builder has a similar question.

personally, i turn off the option to have my parts excited by furniture. I don't want the furniture to tell my parts to get more or less aroused, that is something the emotes decide. i would just add the animations. It cuts down on the scripts as well.

My business partner and I work with most animation systems,  and we only ever use Xpose for custom jobs where we need to make adaptations that MLPV2 can't handle (like more than 6 seated avatars at once or a vast number of animations).   As a scripter, I find Xpose a real pain in the neck to work with.

We don't make stuff the uses Xcite but I see that MLPV2 is certainly compatible with it.    As to Avsitter (or Npose), either of those can easily be made to work with Xcite -- the scripting to do that is very simple indeed.   

My strong advice, as someone who makes adult furniture and toys, would be to stick to MLPV2 and either Avsitter or Npose unless there's a compelling reason to spend a lot of money on Xpose.

As an end user I'll say if you can use Npose or Avasitter do it.  

I doubt that an Xcite user would miss the chat spam and If I was comparing comprable products, not having to rez pose balls would be a huge plus factor in my choice.

I'm glad I posted this here.  You have given me some real food for thought.  I am seriously thinking of doing everything with AV sitter.

I can't speak for the other xcite users but i don't actually click my parts when having le sexitime. if they sold them without the chat scripts i would  be pleased as punch.

Perrie Juran wrote:

As an end user I'll say if you can use Npose or Avasitter do it.  

I absolutely agree.  I intensely dislike pose balls.  

You could take a survey of members of the Xcite group, who should be pretty representative of your target market.

I don't want to miss our AVSitter scripted toys, especially for easily adjusting offsets without having to play with the build tools. It doesn't matter to me if the item offers the feature to interact with Xcite items. I don't have any on myself and my regular partners prefer to manually adjust their ones to match our play. But perhaps there is a letdown: You need to trash any pick-up line that involves "let's hop on a poseball..."

Without a doubt: Avsitter.

No poseballs is just worth it.

Frankly, i find Xcite! Scripts useless.. do you want a script to dictate how to either RP, or feel?

TariChar wrote:

Without a doubt: Avsitter.

No poseballs is just worth it.

Frankly, i find Xcite! Scripts useless.. do you want a script to dictate how to either RP, or feel?

That woul be why i set my part to silent.