Order Status: Aborted

Shaodie Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've only got 8 of them, only one of them this year. However in the very early days of working/testing the ANS stuff with Brodesky, he explained the various status meanings to me ... and danged if I can find that chat. (That was two computers ago and it's playing better "Hide" than I am playing "Seek".)

I did a quick search on the Wiki for "Marketplace Order Status" and "Marketplace Aborted Order". The results didn't contain anything about the Aborted status though. (Nudge nudge: Could we please have an update to the Wiki for this?)

So depending on my fuzzy recollection (not always a good idea in matters of life, death and arguments with my wife), I recall that it had something to do with a failure in obtaining payment (information about or the actual payment itself) from the buyer's account. In my case, most of the Aborted orders are actually for Freebies, so I'm guessing it has to do with just connecting to the User Account server to find out if the buyer has an account and how much they have available.

You may want to wander through all the different Aborted orders you have and see if you can spot a trend .. or contact a few of those folks to find out if they did anything unusual to cause that outcome.

Thank you Shaodie for the head's up. Suddenly, I'm getting them too (I hadn't checked the status page in a while since it "seemed" like everything was delivering properly).

As I recall, "Aborted" is due to a payment issue. As Darrius points out, there's no definition for the different statuses (we've asked for it in this forum since the new Marketplace went operational).

Thank you for te responses.

Can we maybe have a linden drop in and let us know whats going on, or is that too much to hope for? 

Its a healthy mixture of 0L demo products and merchandise totaling an estimated 15,000L going back to last April (which is as far back as they date) If it's not just me than it looks like it might be another problem to add to our already sad list of them. 

I did check the recent ones against my sl transaction history page and there were no payments from the aborted orders, I'll IM them later just to see if they received it or not. (But I wont ask for payment)

I've had them occur sporadically since Sept 2011 (so both Magic Box delivery and DD). There was a string of them in April and May 2012, then it went back to every so often, and then a couple this year.

I don't think the Commerce Team will pop in to define it now since they haven't in the past. Probably the best thing you can do is to file a Support Ticket with the information from your transactions attached and ask them what's going on. Maybe you will get a definition of "Aborted", but I suspect they will say it is "expected behavior" for some kind of payment (or other issue).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.