Physics Engine Change?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I had my patio floor perfect and you would walk on it just like a prim floor. I was very proud.  I followed the instructions in this post:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Walking-on-Water/m-p/1756173#M18106

TODAY as I go to photograph and such I find myself walking way above the prim again. I unlinked the patio prim in case that was it, change to "prim" in case I had missed that. Changed back to convex hull -- you get the idea. I rezzed a brand new patio prim all gray and pretty from inventory and I have the same problem.

Did something change in the last week or with the updated server codes (which for me had the mainland sims so slow I could hardly move)?  Not sure where to go from here. Aditi uploader down at the moment so can't upload again and test again.

This is a real pain. I am thinking that "mixed mesh" may be a better solution. Not happy with rules changes. I also noted this problem last night in a new build from a prestigious builder who definitely knows how to do things. So thinking it is not just me.

If I missed a step or should check something, please let me know. Input appreciated.

OK. Here is an update: I also can no longer walk into the house. I was there yesterday afternoon walking inside and showing a friend. Something is definitely up. Going to try rezzing on another sim. Hopefully this is a temporary if very BAD condition of new server codes.  At least I know it is not me. :(   

Didn't work any better at my favorite sandbox. Checked some other mesh houses and the same problem with the floor. Think I would have seen that before if there was one.

"Fixed" the patio by putting a duplicate but thinner mesh object inside the patio (turned to none in physics) and and adjusting once linked. So a workaround that costs .5li which I can live with. Figured out that you can't link the walls to the floor? Anyway unlinking solved the walking inside issue.

Head tired from thinking. Ready to move on to another project LOL. Leaving this up as there is still the question of the height change on the floor. (I tested height against a prim floor by the way using Firestorms height offset to note the difference or sameness.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.