SL was running fine on phoenix viewer for me and I switched to SL viewer and now crash

ShannonMichelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I also tried firestorm but it would crash before it even loaded everytime. Ive tried taking the viewers completley out,

cleaning my pc, did disk refrag reloaded, tried a few different viewers. Nothing is working. I shut off my firewall to see if

that would help. Did system restore on my pc incase any updates would have caused it. Could it be soemthing with my

windows vista and the new viewers? Any Ideas?

2 answers to this question

Let's try with more information.  First of all, did you really crash, or did you disconnect?  If you crashed, there was an error message of some kind.  Exactly what was it?  How far did you get through the logon procedure before it appeared?  If there was no error message, again how far through the process do you get before it dies?  How are you connected to the Internet?  What computer are you using? (Describe it and its graphics card).  Have you rebooted both your router and your modem recently?

Click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to add information. Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 1

SL Viewer runs fine on Vista and Win7 & 8. So, I doubt it is a Windows related problem.

Without the details of your system it is hard to speculate on the problem. Rolig is asking the questions we need to provide any help other than guesses. Fixing via guess and try can get tedious.

So... When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

One guess is that if you are using a laptop, it may be going into power-save and turning off the graphics card. There is a place in the video card settings to change from Power-Saving to Performance. Running plugged intot he wall can switch the Laptop's graphics processor on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.