New mac user needs help, old sl user. Right click not working as it should.

Piper Pollemis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a long time sl user but been out a year or so and just got a new mac book pro and a first time apple user. I am using pheonix which I always used. When I right click on objects to either delete, edit, buy or what ever the only thing that happen is the sit section is hlighted on the pie menu instantly and my av sits automaticly. Its driving me mental. It will not allow me to do anything else. I have tried everything I can think of. I have looked in all menues and sub menues and tried other viewers too. So I am hoping other mac users might be able to help me to see if its something that I might be missing with the mac as its a bit differnt then a pc as I am finding out lol. Thank you all for your help.

Piper

5 answers to this question

If you are using a mouse: did you check your mouse settings (system Preferences > Mouse) and select "secondary click" to click right? Sorry, that picture is in French but it's the only OS I have! :D (This screenshot is for Mountain Lion, but it's pretty much the same in Leopard or Snow Leopard).

Same thing if you are using the trackpad: you have to configure it in System Preferences > trackpad. 

mouse.jpg

Thank you fro replying. I do appreciate your help even if in french rofl. I did that and it had no effect rather then just switching my buttons on my mouse. Its weird, The object won't even highlight and the pie menu, when it pops up, won't let me select any option on it at all. The sit wedge is highlighted blue and I automatically sit. So I am not sure what I am missing.

Hi again Piper. I am sorry to say that if this not a mouse or trackpad settings issue, I have absolutely no idea as to what the problem may be since you experience it in other viewers too. I would suggest you do a full clean reinstall. If you can, use Firestorm: Phoenix support and updates have been discontinued a few days ago and has entirely migrated to Firestorm. The Phoenix viewer itself is going to completely disappear within a few months.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/clean_reinstall

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.