How to add/update existing contents on MP?

danicah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am selling something on MP which is being sent as a folder. It contains the clothing and a landmark.

If i want to update the clothing or the landmark, how would i do that? Is there a way i can replace some items?

Or do i have to upload a new one and start over?

danicah wrote:

I am selling something on MP which is being sent as a folder. It contains the clothing and a landmark.

If i want to update the clothing or the landmark, how would i do that? Is there a way i can replace some items?

Or do i have to upload a new one and start over?

Howdy, Danicah

Prepare a new folder with the new clothes and/or landmark and upload it with your merchant outbox.  Wait three minutes.  Go to your Manage Listings page on the marketplace website and find the OLD listing.  To the right of the listing name, use the dropdown and click "Edit."  Right under the "SL Object Name" you will see a button that says "Edit associated Object."  Click that.  An Edit Associated list will come up.  Find the NEW folder you uploaded and click the "Choose" button next to it.  Your new items are now associated with the old listing.  Your OLD folder (with the wrong items) will now be shown in your "Unassociated Inventory Items" list.  

You can now delete the old one and you are done.  

You might want to make sure the change "took," so before you actually delete it, click the "Actions" button and then click "View Contents."  This will show you all the items in that folder so you can make sure it IS the old one.  It's probably a good idea to name your new item(s) in the new folder something slightly different than the old one so you can see the differences.  If it's the landmark, you could name it something like "storename NEWmain store"

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.