Has anyone direct from linden labs or SL heard of Oculus Rift device from Oculus VR technology?

cashking Hotshot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

This new company has developed a new Virtual Realaty head gear that is going to change the gaming industry.

It's called the "Oculus Virtual Reality Rift device" http://www.oculusvr.com/

They're now letting gaming companys try it on for size and have open ended use to help bring it to market place.

I believe something like this would be awesome or more realistic if Second Life or Linden Labs got in on this.

Just think of all the inworld avatars using it! If anyone knows someone that works at Linden Labs please pass this information on. They're saying that Oculus Device may revolutionize the gaming industry forever, because they're onto

something know has gone further with such technology. Website is above, theres videos there in detail showing what the Oculus can DO! They are going to bring this to market in the near future, they want any of the gaming companies to toy around with it first, before they release it to the masses. I believe it's at $300.00 for gaming companies to get right now to see how they can make it better, not sure on consumer price? I'd like to hear your feed back on this. Thanks.

Thank you

Cashking Hotshot

4 answers to this question

Hi, this is not the first and won´t be the last revolutionary gaming product. So far all this "Displays" are far from usability at home.

The homepage talks about pre-order, i think companies need a bit more than demos and words to jump onto a new train.

I guess that all hardware developers have a mailing list for the top-selling "games" so there is no need to tell Lindens :matte-motes-wink:

Interesting products and i would love to see them usable in SL !

Monti

Since the Second Life viewer is open source anybody can make an Oculus compatable viewer if they have the Oculus Rift SDK..

Oculus Rift developer kits will be available April 2013, I am sure there will be a few people messing with it (I know I will be).

I think decent vr gear would give Second Life a Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.