Deploys for the week of 2013-01-14

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

As a test, I opened the "About Land" floater for one of the Parcels and turned off the "Show In Search" option. I then teleported to a different Parcel, counted to 10, and teleported back into that Parcel. The last step was that I opened About Land again, turned "Show In Search" back on .. then teleported out.

The result of my earlier test was ... nothing. The test Parcel remained gone from Search. Thus I have to conclude that there is nothing I can do from my side to resolve this issue.

Further, no change was made over the weekend and as a result all of my store parcels are still completely missing from In-World Search. In the intervening time I've found quite a few other Parcels that have been dropped. Some of those Parcel owners contacted me over the weekend asking for help or information. Unfortunately I have nothing more to offer them other than to point them here and to the Post I made in the General Forums.

Has there been any progress made over the weekend? Has there been a decision made as to how this will be handled? It would be very helpful if we could get some indication that this is an issue that has been identified and a resolution devised.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Has there been any progress made over the weekend? Has there been a decision made as to how this will be handled? It would be very helpful if we could get some indication that this is an issue that has been identified and a resolution devised.

Would like to know this answer as well.

Thank you,

After further research and analysis of the historical Search Data, I have uncovered another detail of high significance.

I had previously mentioned that there were a number of Parcels that have been dropped from Search that were NOT running the Magnum RC Server code. I have now gone into the historical search rank database and discovered that all of those ... WITHOUT EXCEPTION ... were actually missing from Search prior to 2012-12-25. In other words, they were not just recently dropped from Search, they have been gone for some time (nearly a month if not more).

Of those running the Magnum RC Server code ... WITHOUT EXCEPTION all of them were dropped from Search on 2013-01-17. Since the Search Bot device searches only a few times per day, I cannot tell with precision when during the day it happened, but that was the day that the new Magnum version was rolled out across the Grid.

Thus it appears obvious that this error is due directly to a problem with Magnum; the other versions that showed as being dropped from Search were already gone and thus are disqualified from use in identifying this latest issue.

Maestro ... Please. May we have some sort of indication that your team is aware of the cause of this issue and has a fix scheduled to deploy .. soon? 

(Not to beat this horse way past the point of its demise but ...)

I noticed in going through the historical data that one of the Magnum regions had actually returned to Search. I just now teleported into that Region and pulled up the Server version report. What did I see?

Second Life Server 12.12.18.268345

Apparently the Sim owner was able to file a ticket and get their Server version changed. Specifically they returned to Search on the 21st .. yesterday.

I think this theory is now well and proven true.

Will this weeks rollouts fix this issue or not? We can only hope ...

Innula Zenovka wrote:

But what of the places on the main server channel that have been experiencing this issue again for the last few weeks?   That can't be to do with Magnum.  

There may, of course, be several different issues that all, for different reasons, cause parcels to drop from search.

I'm not aware of any parcels other than the ones I've been analyzing that have been dropped from Search. The ones that I noted that were dropped prior to 2012-12-25 all have valid reasons for not being found in Search (such as massive "Rule" violations and poor use of Names and Descriptions).

Do you know of any that are not on Magnum but that have been dropped from Search? I'd love to get my fingers into them and do some analysis.

Maestro, Maestro, Maestro.......

my land is located in Tuvucca Bay sim on Magnum region: version : Second Life RC Magnum 13.01.11

Estate Id : 45499

Grid postion : 957 1392

As for the other posters, my land does not appear anymore in the SL search. Althought the fact that you dont have any problems for charging me with the weekly 30 l$.

When we you fix this ? Will we have to wait for the next server release ? Will you keep charging me the 30 l$ for a service you dont even provide ?

and..

Do we have now to be afraid everytime a server release will be schedulled ? i just remind you that recently, just after another release, we had a severe glitch about recieving emails from our scripted objects on our land.... So what will be the next surprise after the next rolling restart ? 

Is it possible you do a rolling restart without causing dammage to our business ? 

Maestro,

I can report that my three Parcels located on two separate Magnum RC Regions have been returned to In-World Search. Furthermore the Search Bot clients that were also on Magnum and dropped from Search have all been returned as well. (Two of them put in Support Tickets to switch their Server software to other versions so they returned to Search earlier.)

I am also happy to report that the Search Rank for the various search terms I've programmed into my Search Bots was restored pretty much the same as just prior to the Parcels being dropped. Thus I only lost approximately one week's worth of sales but once again have the chance to attract customers .. new and old .. when they use In-World Search to find sources of the products I sell.

I hope the result of this boo-boo is a note hanging on your wall that says "Don't do THAT one again!" *smile*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.