Shapes after REAL people

LilyWilliams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LilyWilliams wrote:

I'd like to make my shape look like a certain person, but I don't know how or if that's even possible.

Are there any successful cases of shapes looking exactly like you want them to? Like a virtual version of yourself or a celebrity?

If you find an appropriate skin you can probably make someone recognizeable, but you'll never get an exact match. The sliders for the face don't have enough flexibility and precision for that. In particular, actual human faces are slightly asymmetrical and there aren't enough ways to model that with the sliders, particularly the fact that almost everyone has one eye noticeably higher than the other one if you look closely.

It should actually be fairly simple to create something close to what you want yourself. You can start with "create new shape," or any other modifiable shape in your inventory. Open "edit appearance - edit shape" and start adjusting the sliders. Most of them are pretty clear in what they're meant to do. It might help to start out with a shape that you feel is close to what you want, so that you'll have less editing to do. MAKE SURE THE SHAPE IS MODIFIABLE. Very important.

You'll need to shop for a skin, though. You can create a skin youself, but it's much harder than creating a shape. You might want to get the skin first, because the skin and shape influence one another. Meaning that your avatar can look wildly different by changing the skin, even when you're still wearing the same shape, and vice versa.

As someone else mentioned, though, keep in mind that replicating a RL celebrity might get you into trouble. (So will impersonating a celebrity, btw.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.