What are the bird and cricket sounds on my neighbor's parcel coming from?

HenryCrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone!

I hear some cricket and bird chirping sounds when standing on my neighbor's parcel. What are they coming from? If it's an object, I would like to get a copy of it if I can...Please let me know, because I have heard these sounds before on other parcels, but I do not know where they are coming from. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

There are various sound emitting objects that make these environmental sounds.  I have some flowers that emit seashore "surf" sounds, placed along my beach.

Do a search on the Marketplace.  Choose "Audio and Video" and then "Nature and Relaxation Sounds"

To find the sound emitter on your neighbor's land, go to World/Show More/Beacons, then select Sound sources as the beacon type.  This will help you locate the sound producing object.

• Like 2

There are many places to get sounds, and there are many free sounds in world.  Try searching in Marketplace or with your in-world search tool.  You can also find free sounds on the Internet.   Just remember that if you want to upload a sound file to SL, it must be

1. Less than 10 seconds long

2. In *.wav format .

3. 16-bit/44.1kHz/mono or stereo

You will need a simple script to play your sound, too.  Something like tis will do:

integer gON;default{    touch_start(integer num)    {        if (gON)        {            llLoopSound(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_SOUND,0),1.0);        }        else        {            llStopSound();        }        gON = !gON;    }}

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.