Help with weird glitch with avatar: a crease under eyes

StoyaM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My avatar has crease just below her eyes that doesn't seem to vanish. At first I thought I had to tweak my shape through the Edit Shape option, but it appears to be a glitch as it doesn’t disappear by adjusting cheekbones, eye-size etc… and is present with other different shapes and skins as well.

Frustratingly the glitch vanishes when I go to Edit Shape option and is smooth as it should be until bug returns after closing the window (saving or not saving shape).

I've tried re-baking, clearing cache, switching viewers and nothing seems to have any effect. I would appreciate any suggestions on fixing this problem.

My avatar looks like it has a dirty ass if you look at the photos stored in my album.

Your avatar glitches don't at all look like anything out of the ordinary to me. None of us have got flat smooth faces, and nor should we have.

My guess is that your avatar always looked like this but for some reason you're just noticing it. Just like that little tiny crack in your room that's been there ages suddenly looks massive and seems to be getting bigger once you do notice it.

Test different light settings and take a good look at other avatars.

You're seeing the fold between the cheek and the lower eyelid. There's no way of removing the fold - you can mimimize it by reducing "eye bags" and "eyelid puffiness" to their minimums. It's noticeable with the default SL lighting because the "light source" is high and contrasty. You can see the same thing in RL with most people under most non-studio lighting setups.

You don't see it in the editing screen or RL glamour photos for the same reason: lighting iis "flat" and lower-contrast and coming directly at the face. You can adjust your global lighting in SL to make the lighting flatter, and you can TRY wearing a "facelight" for photos. , However, if you walk around wearing a facelight you will probably irritate a lot of people and end up looking noobish.

You're right, never did imagine that lighting could be a factor until you mentioned it. Nor did I notice the artificial lighting appear when under Edit Shape option which did eliminate the crease to match the skin/shape picture at the store and therefore mistake it for a glitch.

Thanks for clearing that up Theresa!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.