Firestorm will not start. It keeps logging out. Screen goes to gray.

LadyD Matova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

LadyD Matova wrote:

I never had  trouble  logging in  till now. Firestorm wil not start.  I log in  it starts up fine  then when it is about to go into  world  it logs out. Screen goes  to grey.  Why is that.  Please  help. Thank you

Try doing a clean install!  Refer to this page http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

Peace!

• Like 1

That's it? "It logs out?"  No error message of any kind?  If that's what's happening, I suspect either of two things:

1. It is possible for a buildup of too many notifications to cause Firestorm to disconnect during or shortly after login. If you experience such disconnections repeatedly on Firestorm, then follow the instructions under “Firestorm Logs Out During Login” here.

2. Your firewall or anti-virus software has just upgraded automatically (mine did yesterday) and it now thinks that Firestorm is an evil intruder. Try disabling your firewall software completely and then try to log in again. If you are successful, then you need to allow the viewer access through the firewall. Some tips on how to do that are here.  If your anti-virus software is the problem, see here instead.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.