does anyone know the default move and view settings....mine are screwed up?

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

does anyone know the default move and view settings....mine are screwed up?

I want mine back the the default angles and smoothing...but  I GOOFED UP....I am on the newest firestorm version 3115 and i love the phoenix viewer settings i had... (BUT I CANT SEE MESH on that viewer).....imtrying to build on my sim in hawaii and when i walk.....my camera angle gets reset where i cant see in front...only on topof me....on phoenix i can see where i walk as i walk.....

thanks inadvance!

Lishajoya Haven

3 answers to this question

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_camera

Camera Pointing Wrong

If your camera is suddenly pointing straight up - or straight down - or some impossible direction, then try these:

• Press Shift-Esccape (Esc) to see if that will fix it. (Available only in Firestorm 4.1.1 or later.)
  • Press the Escape (Esc) key a few times. Pressing Escape will clear focus from any windows that have focus, and finally, will reset camera position. Also try Shift-Escape to reset camera angle.
  • Press Ctrl-9 - a few times even.
  • Go to Advanced (Ctrl-Alt-D if the Advanced menu is not visible) → Show Debug Settings and enter “FocusOffsetRearView” 1) in the input field. Click “Reset to default” at the bottom.
  • If that doesn't work, hold down Shift or Control, then use the mouse wheel to change the camera angle.
  • Right-click yourself and choose Detach All from the menu to remove all HUDs and prim attachments. Sometimes worn items can control your camera perspective. If this fixes the problem, then re-add your items back on one at a time until you find the one causing the problem.
  • If all of these fail to work, then the only remaining solution is to reset all your settings to defaults.
    1) This setting is the one that can also be changed by holding your shift key pressed, and using your scroll wheel on the mouse and therefore can easily be changed unintentionally

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_clearing_settings

• Like 2

If you have patience, you can find each of those settings in the Debug Settings and then reset them to their defaults individually.  I just looked for the first four (the sliders) on the Preferences >>> Move & View page myself.  I think these are the right Debug Settings to look for:

View Angle = Debug Setting Camera Angle

Distance = Debug Setting CameraOffsetScale

Transition Time = Debug Setting Zoom Time

Smoothing = Debug Setting Camera Position Smoothing

When you mess with any of those Debug Settings, be sure to write down the value that you see there BEFORE you hit the Reset to Default button, just in case it's the wrong setting.  You'll have to do your own sleuthing for any oth3r Debug Settings on that Preferences page.  :smileywink:

EDITED for typos, as usual.  :smileysurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.