I crashed while sailing and now cannot stop the animation despite stopping all animations.

Enigma Kamm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The script that contains the sailing animation still has permission to animate you and has not received a command to stop.  You can override it temporarily with Stop Animating Me or with a magic wand device, but when the override times out, the scripted animation will still be there.  It has nothing to do with your computer.  It's in world, either on you or in something that is near you. 

If the animation stops when you TP out of the sim, then the script is in something on that sim.  Use a beacon (CTRL + Shift + Alt + N) to highlight or mark all scripted objects, and then look at them one after another until you find the one that's doing it.  Then decide whether to delete or return the object, or whether a simple click will execute the stop command.

If the animation doesn't stop when you leave the sim, then you are wearing it.  If it's not in shoes, hair, jewelry, or an article of clothing, it may be transparent, or very small, or inside you.  It would be easiest to find if you look in your inventory to identify all worn items.  If you are using Firestorm or any other viewer that has a WORN tab in inventory, look there.  If you're using Linden Lab's V3 or a viewer without a WORN tab, type (WORN in the inventory's Search box to see a list of what you're wearing.  Then start taking things off until you find it.

2 answers to this question

The script that contains the sailing animation still has permission to animate you and has not received a command to stop.  You can override it temporarily with Stop Animating Me or with a magic wand device, but when the override times out, the scripted animation will still be there.  It has nothing to do with your computer.  It's in world, either on you or in something that is near you. 

If the animation stops when you TP out of the sim, then the script is in something on that sim.  Use a beacon (CTRL + Shift + Alt + N) to highlight or mark all scripted objects, and then look at them one after another until you find the one that's doing it.  Then decide whether to delete or return the object, or whether a simple click will execute the stop command.

If the animation doesn't stop when you leave the sim, then you are wearing it.  If it's not in shoes, hair, jewelry, or an article of clothing, it may be transparent, or very small, or inside you.  It would be easiest to find if you look in your inventory to identify all worn items.  If you are using Firestorm or any other viewer that has a WORN tab in inventory, look there.  If you're using Linden Lab's V3 or a viewer without a WORN tab, type (WORN in the inventory's Search box to see a list of what you're wearing.  Then start taking things off until you find it.

I agree with miss Loon... 

However,

you need to wear 2 different types of stop annimations.....1 as a rose (i can give u if u dotn have it) and a invisivble one....becuase the stop annimation in your viewer isnt working

what happenens is that stop annimating your avatar works  (whenu use gagets) operatate at a "different phase" that meaning- they operate at different worlds that sometimes clash with each other.  Also some scripts operate on a different phase that one stop annimation will work where as the other will not

If you need both devices IM me in world (even if u get my away message) i will be glad to give u both

lisha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.