Changed price in January 7,people still buying it for the old price.

LisaMarie McWinnie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

So,I have an item that I uploaded on MarketPlace,I recently changed it price(janurary 7) and I knew about how someone could have put the itens on the card before,and pay for the old price,so for the first and second day,I did not mind about it.

But today is January 11,and said item is still being sold by the old price.What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

Howdy, LisaMarie

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about this problem.  Those people also put your item in their shopping carts during the old price promotion, and so they too are getting the old price.  I have heard of people putting things in their carts and not completing the transaction(s) for several weeks and months.  If someone did that on your product, they will ALSO get the old price.  It's happened to me also.  It's happened to all of us at some point.  

The "stale shopping cart" is what makes the marketplace a poor place to have time sensitive sales because all one has to do is put the item in their cart during the sale and make the purchase at a much later time, if need be, and they still get the sale price.  The same goes for raising prices, if we merchants need to.  

I wish people would not use the shopping cart because of this problem, but, they do and will and price changes don't affect them.  Make what price changes you feel you need to, but realize that some people are still going to get the old/sale prices until all those stale shopping carts are cleared.  

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

I wish people would not use the shopping cart because of this problem, but, they do and will and price changes don't affect them.  Make what price changes you feel you need to, but realize that some people are still going to get the old/sale prices until all those stale shopping carts are cleared.  

Hey there, Marcus. :)  Happy New Year!

Unless LL discontinues the shopping cart, which is doubtful, people will continue using it.  If LL won't pull the shopping cart, the next best thing would be to set a maximum time limit for the shopping cart items to be able to be purchased, let's say something like two weeks.  After that time the shopping cart's items would disappear and the customer would need to start over, thus eliminating the stale orders over long periods of time.

Both choices require some coding, so doubt either of those will happen.  Just wishful thinking.

Something else I see often on the General Forums is a customer complaining that part of their MP order was delivered but other items werent, with the "conclusion" reached by the customer that the items that were not delivered were due to "unscrupulous merchants."  98% of the time this is due to the undelivered items being in the "waiting to be delivered" que of the merchant.

They acknowledged the stale shopping carf problem, suggestion was to just have the total update with the current price of the item.

From: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Merchant-Update-October-2012/td-p/1704699

In addition to the above, the community raised the following issues which we are either investigating or evaluating the best way to address.

• Enhancements for “charging, cannot edit.”
  • Price change problems with the cart.
  • Listings that have the wrong photos.
  • Merchants should be notified when a review is written.
  • Categories should be reviewed and updated.
  • Make preview image larger when editing a listing.
  • Centralized reporting.
  • Better association between a demo and a product.
  • The ability for Merchants to merchandise their stores.
  • Better sharing of products.
  • A more detailed explanation of how search works.

Although the Beta and Current release notes pages show no activity whatsoever since they were addressed back in October.

I'd say it's like watching paint dry, but that doesn't take long in comparison. Perhaps it's more like watching a tar pit full of dinosaur bones dry.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Hey there, Marcus.
:)
  Happy New Year!

Unless LL discontinues the shopping cart, which is doubtful, people will continue using it.  If LL won't pull the shopping cart, the next best thing would be to set a maximum time limit for the shopping cart items to be able to be purchased, let's say something like two weeks.  After that time the shopping cart's items would disappear and the customer would need to start over, thus eliminating the stale orders over long periods of time.

Both choices require some coding, so doubt either of those will happen.  Just wishful thinking.

Something else I see often on the General Forums is a customer complaining that part of their MP order was delivered but other items werent, with the "conclusion" reached by the customer that the items that were not delivered were due to "unscrupulous merchants."  98% of the time this is due to the undelivered items being in the "waiting to be delivered" que of the merchant.

Howdy, Miss Czari!  And Happy New Year to you also!! :) :smileyvery-happy:

You and I are in complete agreement about this whole thing.  Coding is definitely NOT the marketplace team's strong suit.  Ack!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.