why can't i get into my house,or contact my landlord

WhitewingWilliams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have been trying to contact my landlord,because i can,t enter my house.this has been going on for about 2 weeks now.i live at thousand island palms,mitta.my landlord is elwood abernathy.i have no clue what is going on .my rent is paid up,actually i pay for weeks at a time.i have no music,no nothing,i have tried to im el,to no avail.i'm ready to pack it up and call it quits but i can't get into the house.i'm very frustrated at this point.

3 answers to this question

I'm sure you can imagine all sorts of possible reasonswhy the landlord isn't responding. He's on vacation?   In the hospital? There was a death in the family? .... Or maybe he's a totally irresponsible dirtbag.  Without information, it's unfair to assume that any of those guesses is correct.  Unfortunately, that doesn't help you at all, and Linden Lab won't either.  This is between you and the landlord.

Now, unless you have a malfunctioning security orb that is ejecting you all the time, you CAN get into your house.  If you can see in with your camera, all you have to do is sit on anything inside .... a chair, your bed, or a coffee table.  You could even rez a box to sit on.  The music is a different matter.  You ought to have permission to change the parcel's music stream.   Most renters do.  If so, here's how >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Parcel-media/ta-p/700097 . Notice that that page also tells you which things to check in your own Preferences.  Something there ought to work.

• Like 1

I would like to suggest you use a notecard to contact landlords or merchants. IM's can be lost when they log in because of message capping. Always use a notecard for contact. This does 2 things. It gives a better guranteee they will get your message. And your Requests are well doccumented..

Also read their group Charter on how or who to contact for Support. Often times they will not use their regular avatar all the time and would like you to contact their other one for help or one of their managers... Also they may have this contact information in their profile

But the biggest thing is never rely on an instant message. Specially if they are off line...

A similar thing has happened to me with a parcel I was renting, the landlord has vanished, happily I hadn't paid rent in advance (because I didn't trust him).  Oddly the parcel is still there and my build is still on it but I'm treating it as gone and have removed anything no-copy.  SL landlords are a dubious bunch by and large.  I'd say you're best to rent from an established landlord and not to pay very far in advance, not only because they vanish but because some problem might come up with the land and you don't want to stay there any more, bad neighbours for example.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.