Need help with strange problem with avatar eyes

Velvet Thespian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having a very odd problem with my avatar.  For several weeks now when I wear any eyes they seem to be too far forward and the edges protrude through my skin below the eye and misshape my outer eye corners)  I have tried wearing different skins, shapes and eyes, but the problem continues no matter what I do.  My avatar was perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago when this problem  began and I have not made any changes to my shape.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on? (I tried mesh eyes as well but this still doesn't solve the problem even with the alpha.).  I'm stumped.

I'm not sure what your graphics settings are set on, but I usually run mine on low when I'm out and about shopping and whatnot and I've noticed what you are mentioning. I have found a fix for it, if you open up preferences (ctrl+P) and then navigate to your graphics tab and click advanced graphics near the bottom(on Firestorm anyways), there is a slider labeled Avatars, if you move that slider to 125 or so, it should solve your problem. :matte-motes-smile: Hope that helps.

I've had that problem before. Several times. It just goes away by itself. It's also very random in that you will see it but others won't or they will see it and you won't.

I would try pressing ctrl-9 to set your camera zoom to default. That fixed it for me a long time ago. Also try clearing your cache.

Thanks to Bree and Akasha for trying to help.  I managed to stumble on the a solution this morning after trying to sort this out for at least a month.  Why it worked I have no idea, but such are the mysteries of SL.  Thought I should post it in case anyone else ever has the same problem.  I changed my view to wireframe and when I went back all was back to normal with my avi.  (I also removed and reattched my hair while in wireframe.  I don't know if this had any impact since I had tried removing and reattaching all attachments earlier while in regular view.)

Thanks again.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.