Objects stretching with texture

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I don't know where else to put this but I need help because it's been annoying me for awhile.

If I try to stretch an object the texture will stretch with it as well and it will start repeating, I know that you can manually stretch the texture back into place afterwards but it's kind of annoying, is there a way I can disable this and just stretch the object so the texture doesn't start repeating?

From your description, you seem to be misinterpreting what you're looking at.  If the texture is repeating as you steretch the object, it's because it the texture is NOT stretching with the object.  The object gets bigger, but the texture remains the same size, so it has to repeat more than once to continue to cover the surface.  If the texture were indeed stretching with the object, then it would grow as the object grows, and the number of repeats would never change.

In any case, take a more careful look at the editor window, and you'll see the answer, staring you in the face.  Near the upper right hand corner of the window, there's a checkbox for Stretch Textures.  When it's checked, the texture will stretch with the object.  When it's unchecked, the texture will stay the same size when you stretch the object, causing the texture to repeat as the object grows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.