Hello, I am having a problem with the Second Life Viewer/Server with accessing Second life.

ElianaConlom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am having a problem with the Second Life Viewer/Server with accessing Second life.  I typically use Firestorm, but I use the Second Life official viewer also.

In all incidents, I am not getting any error messages, my account just keeps crashing the minute it finishes loading in-world. I go through the login process and then it just closes. I had friends log in on my laptop, along with an alt of mine, and no problem occurred with these accounts, or their ability to stay on. I have not received an email or any messages about me violating any terms of services.  So, I’m lost as to what the problem is. I have tried deleting both viewers multiple times, and all of the files they put on my laptop for used accounts. I was able to login on my friend’s computer; I have deleted things before that re-download when you log successfully, and it helped for a day or two because I cleared all information from my main account. I have been having this problem since about late July.

All help would be appreciated, thank you for your help. :D I use a model KAWG0 Acer Aspire 5517 I got it for Christmas about 4 years ago I believe. (Wow I didn’t know it was that old :O :D ) 

Grid Status Report:

[Posted 12:52pm PST, 8 December 2013] We are aware that some regions may be experiencing performance issues and slow response times. This may also cause some residents to be unable to access some regions. Our engineers are working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please monitor this blog for additional updates.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Second Life Network is currently experiencing several issues. Heavy packet loss across the grid . scripts failing to communicate and a plethora of other issues concerning inventory and what have ya...

Hold on for the ride. It may be a long one lol

LOL. I am also experiencing these things and I have to agree with you that it's going to be a VERY long and bumpy ride. :-)

been having this problem for a while now, loging in my client takes a little longer every time untill it refuses to log in at all and i get the black and white screen that says "you have been logged out of SL, do you want to view IM's and chat"

this btw happens for me with all clients,

a simple re-install doesnt fix the problem, i manually need to remove all my preferences and cache files, after that, and making all my settings again in the prefs, i can log back in and it will be quick loading for a while, but the problem always re-occurs after a week / ten days.

hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.