How can I find my password? Is it on my hard drive somewhere?

polluxtwin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I log onto SL, my password is automatically supplied, because it's saved somewhere. The same happens when I log into the website--again, the password has been saved somewhere.

But now I find that I cannot buy Lindens because my credit card is past its expiration date, so i need to change it (the expiration date has been extended by 3 years). To do that, I have to give my password, and I can't remember what it is.

It must be on my hard drive somewhere .... but where?

FWIW, I use Phoenix 1.6.1.1691

3 answers to this question

No.  Your SL password is like any other password that you have for a remote service  (your banl account, PayPal, Amazon.com ....).  You are the only person who knows it.  If it were saved someplace, that would defeat the whole purpose of being a secure password.

However, if you know your username but have forgotten your password, go to the password recovery page. Enter your username and click Send Instructions to have instructions on how to create a new password sent to the email address connected to the account . You'll need to answer the security question you chose when creating your Second Life account. Be sure to check your junk mail/spam folder.

If you can't recall the answer to your security question, just contact Customer Support, preferably by opening a support case. You'll be asked to verify your identity and, working together, we can reset your security question.

• Like 2

Hello,

if you're using phoenix, there is a good chance you can find your password in a textfile or xml file in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Application Data\Phoenix

(on windows 7: C:\users\YOUR USERNAME\appdata\roaming\Phoenix

As far as I can tell this won't work with the latest official and Firestorm viewers anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.