Smart mesh

Miss Choovio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody, 

I would like to know if there are mesh creators out who create smart mesh  cloth templates, because I just saw that someone left a message about smart meshes who will fit automatically to EVERY bodyshape. In case of someone knows more I would be grateful for any information about. Please contact me in world, thank you. 

I also want to mention my experiences with some mesh creators who are selling mesh templates without showing the UV map. Dear creators, I did waste now few times Lindens for templates who had such a BAD UV map, means the trinangles were so tiny that it was impossible to paint something detailed on it, if you don't use single colored textures...also the texture will look blurred if the uv grid is in a very small size. Support in this case, no response! Anyway my decision is final, I will no longer buy any templates from creators who don't show their UV maps, I don't need a textured demo! 

Hi, i guess you are talking about "liquid mesh". It doesn´t fit every shape because there are no bones for some parts of the body - soft parts without say bad words ;-) It´s a bit of the holy grail right now and a very nerdy thing to create those. Be aware if that system will improve or more updated all bought items may break and need a new upload (mesh files not textures) Monti

Nalates wrote good informative article about the "liquid mesh", here:

SL LIQUID MESH is it a Real Solution?

Short quote:
"This is not a Linden supported method for making clothes. I seriously doubt that any future change to SL or the viewer is going to break these jeans. But, we don’t know and neither does the Lab. But, Nyx and Oz Linden have made it clear that ANY non-supported feature may be broken at any time and while the Lindens may personally feel regret about breaking some non-supported thing they also will not be overly inhibited. Consider yourself warned."

the hype about smart mesh isn't the big deal, it simply doesn't works only if you are very skinny, big boobs and butts will be shown through these creations, I checked this out, body fat and height is not the problem . Anyway the current running discussion and development about the mesh deformer is interesting and shows that the topic about standard sizes won't be solved soon. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post a blog link here, but I found this interview about this topic very interesting. Who likes to read about mesh deformer interview

Inara's article is good, but the one linked is now a bit out of date. The mesh uploader in the newer versions of the Deformer Project Viewer allow creators to use arbitrary custom shapes. 

To understand the advantage of custom shapes consider Inara's quote of Karl:

"... The rationale there is the deformer isn’t perfect and if you start with a shape that’s closer to your end shape before you actually tweak it, you can get superior results … Even if the deformer worked perfectly, when you design a shirt with a floral print … and you put it on someone with their body weight turned all the way up … the floral print is going to be distorted … So with the new system, the artist could say, “I’m going to repaint that floral print so it doesn’t get stretched out.”

lt appears this custom shapes feature, now in the project viewer, will be in the Deformer we will ultiimately get. For the status of the Deformer see: Mesh Deformer Update 2013-2

• 9 months later...

almostaghost wrote:

Um we are not getting the mesh deformer. LL said so.

Citation please! 

While I agree with the statement that we won't get it, that's a personal opinion based on the fact that LL have actually said and done NOTHING for too long now.  I've also heard other information that they're doing their own "properly" and while I respect the source of that statement, i'll believe it when I see it and not until.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.