We need a "TOS violation" reason under the "Flag this item" button !

Pierre Ceriano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anybody can explain to me the reason why there is not a "TOS violation" reason under the "Flag this item" button ?

I refer especialy to the point 8.3 of the TOS : "8.3 You agree that you will not post or transmit Content or code that may be harmful, impede other users' functionality, invade other users' privacy, or surreptitiously or negatively impact any system or network."

For sample isn't a bomb script (usually called sim crasher), sold actually on the MP, responding to "you will not [...] transmit Content or code that may [...] negatively impact any system" ? This is a sample among others.

I open the debate, would like to read you opinion and gather all persons who want to give a chance to the "Tos violation" reason" under the "Flag this item" button.

This is a real tricky area.  Like a sharp knife in RL, some things sold on MP can be used for evil, but also have legitimate uses. If there is a legit use for it, you can't blame the creator if someone uses it for evil.  A bomb script won't necessarily blow up a sim but could be used legitimately for role play.  Actually I looked for an actual sim destroying bomb on MP and didn't see one.  There are a few nucs but they are just effects and have limited kill ranges.

If you see anything on MP that you really think has no legitimate use and is a violation of the TOS it is probably more appropriate to AR it.  The abuse team would be the one to handle a TOS violation.

I make my living on SL making Magic HUD's, they have animations and Particle FX, some magic spells push and lift or deform an avatar, but nothing serious. The HUD's are ment for RP and general fun, ofcourse some use them for griefing. I make spells temp rez to try to reduce the chance of griefing with the spells. But we are not talking about such scripts used in magic HUD's. We are talking about scripts made for the sole purpose of taking other users offline and possibly damaging a video card in their computer. For me creators of these scripts should be banned from SL, anyone with a Crash type script should have their account deleted. However, LL have just turned a blind eye. I kinda wonder how much LL make off the sale of these type of so called Combat HUD's. I suspect they make a fair amount and that is one reason why they choose to ignore this kind of thing.

Just my opinion,

Legend Hye

• 2 weeks later...

i looked at those items.. none of them have "sim crasher" as a keyword. they have sim or crasher. some of them are anti griefer items. Again, it is up to the user to use them correctly. Abuse should be reported INWORLD. 

Ever seen Minority Report? That is what happens when we "arrest" people before they commit crimes.

I confirm that using associated tags "sim crasher", we find a page with described scripts. Insofar as you seem to doubt my integrity, I put the full link (although I understand that a moderator can remove it) :

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=sim+crasher

Tags I'm talking about are not the ones used in the descriptions and features, but those intentionally used by sellers when placing online product sheet (keywords).

Pierre Ceriano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.