Suspicious Person on Sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is an avatar that keeps turning up on my home sim where I admin. I have seen her turn up a few times on radar and thought little of it. Then, out of the blue, she turned up next to me on a totally different sim that I just happened to be visiting, then just disappeared the moment I turned around. If this had been some really popular store or something I would have just thought 'hah, you have the same taste in hair as me' or something, but this sim was totally random, not well known place at all, the kind of place no-one's ever heard of to the point that it being a coincidence is a bit of a stretch.

If you wish to know, I had been researching how to make scuplties and the website for the Jass program had directed me to an inworld store in order to get a link to the download. Y'know? Not like Truth Hair or some well known place, but somewhere totally obscure. See what I mean? For her to turn up at that same obscure place at the same time as me like that is just weird.

I told the name of this avatar to another admin and she said the avatar is a suspected bot. I have since seen her turn up on my home sim but she always disappears two seconds later before I get the chance to approach. I've left a polite offline to no reply.

My question, or rather questions, are:

Is it possible for someone to track and follow you on SL from another sim?

Is it possible for bots to do this?

Does anyone have any insight or similar experience in this?

I'm not worried, just curious.

Hello, afaik you cannot track other avatars without them wearing a "scripted tool".

Bots can do some wicked things and once it was possible to follow an avatar to his next TP position but haven´t heard of for months.

There are some bots mapping Second Life. I´m not fully into that process but that would need them to TP around and even come back to update informations. Some have a random pattern others follow guides but this mapping bots usually do no harm.

Could you check the profile ? Maybe it is marked as a bot for some purpose ...

Monti

I would think if you felt somone was "stalking you" or following you, and they do nothing to bring grief. It would be safe to say they are harmelss. Most stalkers follow you to harass you... If this is not happening then you have nothing really to worry about... Like Monti says there are a lot of data collecting bots out there for many websites that keep track of regions and they connect several times a day to update data.

Drop them a message and say hello or investigate their profile to see what's up :) You just might make a new friend :)

Read their feed or post on it :)

Someone "followed" you to another sim - once? That's not suspicious - only a little paranoid. :D

Possibilities to track you:

- You wear a tracking device. (Some attachment of unknown source or a gift of someone who likes to track you or whatever)

- Someone reads your profile, checks your groups, picks, web-profile with pictures and links and TP's there.

the HONOURED RESIDENT is wrong .Actually, you CAN track a person in SL and you dont need them to wear anything, you only need a ui number and that you can get with a programm called avatar tracker. I use it to track slave movements, but some might use it for unscrupulous reasons.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.