Whats wrong with SL Grid? Mesh Is not rendering in ANY viewer i try tonight

GidgetLeDouche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The Grid seems excessivly laggy, Textures arent rezzing, there is alot of lag on my sim where there usually is none. Mesh isnt rendering, My friends list isnt loading the names, Nearby radar shows ID keys. i cannot send an IM unless i am spoken to first. My parcel's ID cannot be retrived so i have no idea whats going on with it. And i cannot teleport out of the parcel to another sim.

None of this was happenign yesterday.  I usually use firestorm(current version), tried phoenix wont work with win 8, SLV the same issues persist 

1 answer to this question

Hello,

check the statistics bar (ctrl+alt+1 to activate it) for suspicious values like a low Sim FPS and Physics FPS, or a ping above 300msec.

Homestead sims share a physical core with other simulators, so the sim performance could become worse even if there is nothing causing lag in the actual simulator, but on an other simulator on the same physical hardware.

But most likely there will be some physical prims, temp-rezzers, or avatars with laggy scripts, or any other things in your sim that will cause that behaviour.

You could just try to move to a different sim, or wait until it gets better. You can also request a restart of that specific region at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ (Select Land & Region from the dropdown, and 'report offline region').

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.