NO friends list, NO groups, No TP's cause I crash..... HELP!

Tahlia Snoodle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have done so much research about this topic.. I have been over and over questions that others have asked. I suddenly have NO friends list, No groups and I can not tp anywhere!!!!!.. I have reset my router. I have done clean instals and i have checked my internet speed with my ISP. I don't have voice or music and i am getting tired of crashing every three minutes.... I now always get the "Attempt 3" when I am logging in... It just happened over night, and I do not know what else to do. Evwerything else works fine on my laptop... and it does not matter if i log in at my home where there is no lag... or another region and the same issue with Pheonix, Firestorm and singularity.. Plus i am always holding this big egg(the bridge) in my hand. Everything rezzes fine... but i am stuck.. I have been in sl for 5 years and NEVER had this issue... Someone please help me, with different responses than i have already read!!!!!

Thanks x

2 answers to this question

• If both lists are empty and you disconnect on every teleport, can't initiate IM sessions then you most likely have this issue VWR-25426 or VWR-26759 if you are on a Mac and this issue only happens to you on Mesh enabled viewers. This issue can also, apparently, be triggered by time change (ie, daylight savings).

The fix here is to set up Google Public DNS or OpenDNS.

For Mac users, this is part of a set of DNS-related issues. Please see the “Mac-specific” section of this page for instructions and explanation.

• Your friends list and groups are empty, TP fails, music fails and you have a large inventory, your inventory size may be preventing the viewer from fetching the friends list while it fetches. So try going to the top menu bar → Develop (Press Ctrl-Alt-Q if the Develop menu is not visible), then disableHTTP Inventory. Then relog.

The "big egg" problem is your Firestorm bridge.

• If you log in and find yourself wearing a rock or an egg, detach it from yourself. To do this:
    • If you are on Firestorm Mesh Beta (3) or later, go to Preferences → Firestorm → General and disable the bridge
    • open Debug Settings, and type in: ProtectBridgeFolder; set to FALSE
    • open the #Firestorm folder in your inventory, and in that, the #LSL Bridge folder
    • detach the #Firestorm LSL Bridge, then delete it
    • search your inventory for any other copies of the bridge and delete them all, including any links to bridges
    • empty your trash
    • relog
    • re-enable ProtectBridgeFolder
    • If you are on Firestorm Mesh Beta (3) or later, re-enable the bridge
    • generate a new one bridge: use the top menu bar, go to Avatar → Avatar Health → Recreate LSL Bridge.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.