How to make an RP text script?

zigazav

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, there's this avatar I have that I sortof made, but I want to chat in RPs with her name as my name while speaking in text chat. I've seen other avatars have them, but I don't know where that script is located. I checked it's HUD, but no good.  Can somebody please teach me, or show me how to make an RP text script? I would really like it if someone did show me how. I don't even mind buying an RP text script, but at time of posting, I only have 90L$. May I please have some help here? I'll be very grateful if someone did. OK, before I keep repeating stuff I've already said. I'm ending this post now.

This isn't the place to come looking for scripts.  It's a forum for scripters to share ideas and cry over their scripts that don't work right.  You really need to post in the Wanted forum.   

I'm not quite sure that you need a script for what you describe, though.  If I understand correctly, you have a different av body that you want to wear in RP, and you want to speak with your own name.  That happens automatically.  So long as you are logged in as zigzav, you can wear any av body you want.  Dress up as a Klingon or a bot or a field mouse if you like. You are still zigzav, and that's what your chat will say.

Let me be sure I properly understand what you want to do.

Am I correct in thinking that what you've seen has people apparently speaking as their RP character, in green text, all the time?

If that's what it is, it's very simple to make, but you would have to use an RLV viewer to get it to work.  Basically it stops you from speaking on channel 0, the public channel, and, instead, makes you speak on some other channel, to which it is listening.   It then repeats your words for you, in public chat, only they seem to be coming from the RP character whose name you have given to the device.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.