what are the rules on blooline huds being purchased for new players

Marielavoe Fairlock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi  I hope someone  can  verify as i have read  the  tos  rules and  bloodlines rules  over and  again  and  have not  been able to  verify  the  claim that  as  Vampires we are required to wait  30 days  to  join a  new player to bloodlines. 

It was  my understanding  that  it  is only that the hud cannot  be bought by a  new player themselves  until they are thirty days old but that we may gift it to them right away. if anyone has a  link where i can  get this info  for  archiving  i would greatly appreciate it . Sooooo tired of  ppl quoating or mis quoating  would like proof  of  rule  on this matter 

2 answers to this question

You're not going to find a rule on something like that in the TOS.  It's not the sort of thing that Linden Lab worries about.  If there's any sort of "rule", it would be something that the vampire community has agreed on voluntarily.  I have no idea how they would enforce it, if such a rule existed.  You might try posting your question in the Role Play forum to see if anyone in that area has ever heard of this.

• Like 1

I'm an active Bloodlines player and can verify from firsthand experience that a 1 day old avie can purchase and use a Bloodlines hud.

I'm not sure where you got the figure of "30 days", since the only limitation I'm aware of is that a noob avie must be at least 14 days old, IF they do not have a hud.

They can buy a hud even if they are only 1 minute old, and then can immediately bite and be bitten.

I don't see the "rule" in the Bloodlines Guide either, but I've had enough 1 day old avies purchasing huds through my vendor, that I can attest it is fact and not fiction.

I've always felt this rule was in place to keep those nasty spampires from biting all the noobs as they exit Orientation Isle on their first day in SL.

Rolig is absolutely correct that this is a Bloodlines rule, and not a TOS issue.

(Edited to add last line.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.