I need help in display name

Luckystarcute

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I saw many beautiful fonts of display names like this:

ƬƖM ƁƛƦƠƇƘ

™ǝɹʌǝɟǝl snɔɹɐɯ 

đąщŋïε đąşɧ

ℰℓøḯṧℯ ρчяø..... etc

Where did you get these fonts like this for your display name?

Thank you for your help.

I wish you a nice day. Happy new year! :)

7 answers to this question

Search for Unicode characters.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Unicode_In_5_Minutes

You should be able to find some on the marketplace, such as this one:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UNICODE-MASSIVE/858074

Display names

Your display name is:

• A name you choose shown to other avatars in the Second Life virtual world.
  • A string of charactersup to 31 characters long  that contains at least one alphanumeric character. It can include most Unicode script characters, spaces, and some punctuation.
  • Distinct from the username you use to log in. 
  • Not necessarily unique; other avatars may have the same display name as you.

You can choose whether or not to show other Residents' display names and usernames inworld. If you choose to view display names or usernames, they appear in the name tags above every avatar and in chat.

Allowed characters

In addition to letters and numbers, you can use the following characters in your display name:

• ' (apostrophe)
  • - (hyphen-minus)
  • . (full stop)
  • : (colon)
  • · (middle dot)
  • ֊ ֊ (Armenian hyphen)
  • ֜ (Hebrew geresh)
  • ״ (Hebrew gershayim)
  •  (Tibetan tsheg)
  • - (hyphen)
  •  (right single quotation mark)
  •  (hyphenation point)
  • = (katakana-hiragana double hyphen)
  • · (katakana middle dot)

ETA: Happy New Year to you! :smileyhappy:

ETA2: See this thread about that. Not everyone like these diplay names! :D

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/Display-name-fonts/qaq-p/1582353

• Like 3

Many people in SL dislike those stylized Display Names, so be prepared to get a lot of nasty comments.  They are hard to read, so DJs, club owners, and other people who greet visitors or award prizes get annoyed when they can't figure out your name.  Some scripted systems can't display them either, so you name won't show up correctly on a contest board.  They don't bother me at all, because I have Display Names turned off in my viewer.  :smileywink:

• Like 1

"Beautiful" is in the eye of the beholder. And I have never seen a greater divergence than with these fonts. Some people (those who use them) see them as fancy and creative....and well others....just put you in a drawer when they see them or at least name it as a reason to turn display names off.

If you plan on using one of them anyway, remember that they are hard to read. I couldn't read half of the one you showed us here and I think I'm not alone with that. Keep in mind, that it might happen that people use your avatarname when they greet you and talk to you. If you want to use your display name as a "new" name for your avatar, its probably better to pick one of the readable fonts. If its just a fancy font for your normal name it shouldn't be a big problem.

• Like 1

I keep them turned off because the only names I can trust to stay the same are usernames. When people change a Display Name once a week, I can't be sure who I am talking to. It wouldn't be quite as hard in RL, I guess, but in SL people can change their appearance radically too, so you can't count on recognizing them by sight either. .SOMETHING has to stay constant.

I can't believe the emotions that people put into these Display Names. Like I'm suppose to know what the hell to call then when they use a upside down scripts font ? My tip object lets me know who tips me in username format so I can thank then in Voice but the problem is still the same. I'll say "Thank you [1st User Name"] also known as ?Huh? for that wonderful tip.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.