Please Help! Not receiving any IMs inworld, the grid see's me as offline!

Lukeh Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is very annoying, not sure why this is going on and has happened for a few days now D: ! Basically, I'm getting no IMs or Inventory offers in world! Everything I get is received as an email as if I was offline. Any ideas on what could be the reason for this?

Here is a snap shot, image left is me sending out an IM, and the image to the right is the email I recieve. I do not get it as an IM but as an offline email. When I relog I do recieve the IM in the box as if I recieved it whilst being offline. But when I reply back top that IM it will just send any responses to email.

Untitled.jpg

Also when I ask them if I am online from their side it says I am offline D:

This is my internet speed:

2407483503.png

Any my system/specs/viewer:

Firestorm 4.3.1 (31155) Dec 2 2012 00:45:37 (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 260,007.0, 234,103.0, 2,500.6 in Khisanth located at sim9560.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.44.17:13001)
Second Life Server 12.12.10.267913
Error fetching server release notes URL.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (2333.31 MHz)
Memory: 3328 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.002-120928m-149042C-ATI
OpenGL Version: 4.2.11931 Compatibility Profile Context

RestrainedLove API: RLV v2.7.0 / RLVa v1.4.7a
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 2.1.3010.6270

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: starlightcui (custom_dark)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 2500
LOD factor: 4
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 1/62,327 (0.0%)

I think its the system freaking out.. I have had this happen several times recently.. I had a Chat a couple days ago or yesterday with a gal. And I missed 5 of her messages. because they never came to my viewer. 5 hours later i check my emails only to see emails of chats that were important bits to our conversation which made me look like i was not paying attention....

This happens to me occasionally. I can be in-world but some connection somewhere in SL just hasn't picked up that I am logged-in. One check is to open your profile in-world and if you see the padlock up on the left top corner then you are not being recognised as being in-world ! You could also try logging in to mysecondlife.com when not in-world, then log out then go back in-world. This has sorted me out sometimes, but re-logging in-world also clears it sometimes.

The one good thing is that I have never found the issue to be permanent, just occasional.

I have had the same thing happen to me at some point, but for me it cleared after a day, 

If you try to login on SL's regular viewer, see if the same thing happens again, if it does then it's probably a Bug with SL. 

If it works on the regular SL viewer then it's probably something with your firestorm viewer that got issues. maybe uninstalling/installing again would fix. 

I actually use the Sl official viewer and it happens sometimes. The Sl presence system has always acted up like this for the 6.5 years i have been in SL... These serves end up losing communication with the central servers. packets gets dropped and your  in world "presence" gets lost

It is not a viewer issue. it is a back end server issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.