Message Says "I need a money event" for pay to work

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have built some items and rented a very tiny shop.  However, when I try to set PAY, a message appears that says I need a script with a money event for the pay to work.  Where do I get this script?  I've looked on MP and haven't seen anything like that.  The BUY lights up, but the BUY is on the second menu, whereas the pay is first and it looks like the item is NOT for sale because the PAY does NOT light up.

So, I need help. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Money

that example script may work for your needs but not fully. You Can look at the script library for a simple vend script

But if you want to just sell the contents of a box . Set it to Buy and check the CONTENTS option and you  wont need a script. Uncheck contents if you want to just sell a copy of an object

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

that example script may work for your needs but not fully. You Can look at the
for a simple vend script

But if you want to just sell the contents of a box . Set it to Buy and check the CONTENTS option and you  wont need a script. Uncheck contents if you want to just sell a copy of an object

Thanks so much.  I will give that a try. 

I think the "Pay" is more for services. Like a simple tip jar or a car or bus ride that doesnt give inventory and the pay script would trigger another script action to start the service. Logging and other needs.... just a guess lol

Buy object 

Requires the object to be set for sale. The cursor changes to a "$" when you hover over the object.

When clicked, a Buy window appears, then you can purchase, with the same result as right-clicking the object and selecting Buy.

Pay object 

Requires a pay script in the contents to work, and is a common alternative to Buy object when choose-your-own-price flexibility, stats tracking, and other options are needed.  The cursor changes to a stack of coins when you hover over the object.

The PAY option gives scripters more flexibility in adding bells and whistles to vendors.  If the vendor is supposed to split payment between two or more shop owners, for example, or is supposed to send information to an off-world server, or offer the buyer a number of optional "extras", you have to have a script --- and thus a money event and the PAY option.  BUY is really only good for simple click-and-buy vendors.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.