Prim Count on a sim with object bonus

Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do I know what the total prim usage is on a sim with an object bonus of 1.5?

If I go to the largest parcel... (half the sim). there is 4300 prims spare... assuming the cap on that is due to the sim limit I pressume I have about 3000 prims spare across the sim?

Is there a way to get a definitive count rather than a guesstimate?

Object Bonus does not increase the number of prims or LI's available on a sim, just on a lot.  The total remains the same on the sim itself. 

To give a Object Bonus you need to 'bank' land on a sim that is owned by the estate.  You do this by sinking it under water or making it land with very little on it, such as a mountain.  If you do this with half the land on the sim and don't use any of the prims on it, then the lots representing the other half can can have a bonus factor of 1.5.

The reason I increased the bonus modifier is the sim is group owned with shared full sim builds and i didn't want any of the contributors to loose out because group built stuff was disproportionately on their parcel and we can use the fll sim linden impact more usefully.

The problem is I have no idea how to find out what the full sim wide land impact is, the limiter.

There is no useful region information except lists of objects, the only collated information is in the parcel information. Which only allows me to guesstimate.

You can click and go to edit on anything on the sim and see the number of prims and LI.  If you go to the land tools under objects it will tell you the total LI rezzed on any given parcel. It is still labeled as prims. LL hasn't updated the labeling yet.  Add them up for each lot and then subtract the total from 15000 and you will get the remaining LI available.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Prim bonus is one area many people mistakenly think increases the overall number of prims available on a sim. If it's a full sim, you still have 15K prims available. I use a bonus prim of 1.1 on my island. The way that I know how many prims are left is simple. I have areas of land that are not rented all set to the same management group. Because they are owned by the same group, I get a collected prim amount for multiples parcels. Therefore, I know that at this time I have a little over 4000 prims that are not being used, so I can subtract 15K-4K to determine how many are being used. 

On an individual parcel, you can look under about land to see how many are on use on that parcel, then subtract that from how many you are given to determine how many are left. 

Best,

Teagan Tunwarm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.