How do I learn to make an original breedable?

Mercy Nikita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have become obsessed with the Fennux breedable and have starting thinking about creating a breedable. But I can't seem to find anything about how to design one. I just keep finding things on how to make your own quail breedable or egg or carrier etc. I am wanting to design a completely new breedable. Does anyone know where I should start?

5 answers to this question

That is a very difficult and time-consuming task.  Each breedable itself is a scripted object, so in addition to creating the animal -- usually by building and texturing a mesh object that you have created in Blender or some other 3D modeling program --- you need to write the scripts that will control its movements, communication, and any other features.  Then all of the breeding software and databases have to be created and housed in an off-world server somewhere.  That's usually done in PHP or another computer language that is better suited to database handling.  The "breeding" depends on that software and databases.

You won't find tutorials on how to do this.  It's the sort of stuff that is often done by a team of people with different skills.  I worked on the LSL scripting for a breedable for a couple of months once, and the project coordinator wrote the server code while a third person was creating the mesh and a fourth was developing textures.  If I were trying to start from scratch myself, I would begin by learning the modeling techniques to make a good animal and then start writing the LSL scripts to guide it as a non-breedable pet.  Then, after I had all the bugs out, I'd start thinking about the really hard part -- hardest for me, anyway -- of developing the server code.  Or I'd find a bunch of friends and be prepared to spend a chunk of money.

EDIT:  Oooo!   Innula found a tutorial!  Cool. :smileylol:   I haven't seen that one.  OK, so now you at least have a roadmap.

• Like 1

the best way to do it is to learn the back end of it like sql and php to handle to complex part of breeding and other funtion i am their my self in learning it since to create a pete like kittycats or eco breeds on how they do it best bet is to start with mysql and php use like xammp to get started to test out the database with php hope that work

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.