Sign in to follow this  
NealCrz

Need a girl to Adopt a Guy from my land lol

Sorry to hear that happened. But its really not an easy task to help a newbie AND get along with them well. I once helped a girl I found at a job center. I explained her how jobs work in SL and how she can change her apperance. I even went do at least 3 places to get a dress, hair and shoes for her. I gave her a link to a blog which had a list of decent freebies and such...

I never saw her logging in again.

Sonja Smedley wrote:

I tried to be nice but failed it seems.....

Wow.  You tried and succeeded in spades.  The rest of the story is his.  Happy holidays and happy new year too, Sonja, I hope you get a heap of the good karma you deserve. 

- Lee

Kudos for you for your kindness.  However it has been my experience that someone that is willing to freeload from you for a place to stay indefinitely rent free is also someone that is going to ask for L's and take advantage of you in other ways..  Maybe I'm a cynic but that's what I have observed from my personal experience as well as seeing it happen time and time again.

Then I'm an exception from your experiance :catvery-happy:

I live on a friends sim and don't have to pay any rent. But I never asked for money. I brought my own home and furniture and never complain. In fact I'm quite happy about my tiny home up in the sky.

What I think is the reason for this behavior is again, that he is new. He hasn't realised yet what value a virtual currency can have and that it is seen as anoying and unpolite to ask for money and that there are many ways he can earn some by himself. But thats just my guess.