My Avatar like RL

Viviana Baguier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The bottom image is the best in my opinion.  Mostly because you somehow managed to cover the texture problem on the neck line in the bottom image plus the overall skin is softened to look more natural..........that could be the lighting settings you used for each picture (if they were the same then you did something to fix the skin problem.....if not then use that lighting setting all the time).

I got to say you have done better on a look alike skin/shape combo than many (most, actually) of the well known pro skinners in SL........you know those celebrity look alikes that don't look alike?  :)

Good job.

Looks fantastic so far!

If you want to more closely match your real world self you'll want to look closely at facial structure and body proportions.

I notice right off from the top screenshot and photo that your avatar has a much smaller head than your real world self (SL avatar heads tend to be too small) and you'll also want to maybe take a look at arm and leg length. Leg length should be slightly less than half your overall height, give or take a couple inches. Most people have a total arm length (when measured fingertip to fingertip with arms outstretched to either side) that is equal to their height.

If you have trouble eye-balling these proportions, you can always use prims to compare, like stretching out out to your height, then making a half-size version and see if that's about the length of your legs.

I'd also probably spend a bit of time trying to match your RL eye shape. You have very pretty eyes in your photo, you should try to match that in your avatar. Make them a bit more narrow and lower the inner eye corner a bit.

I'd say make your mouth just a tiny bit wider and top lip a tiny bit thinner, too, if you want to look more like your photo. And your av is younger than you, so if you want to look older, maybe age the avatar skin accordingly but that is up to you. It isn't like most of us are xeroxes of our RL selves. :P

Wow! You've done an awesome job of matching your avatar to your RL look.

Now, if you upload these RL pictures to SL, you can look at them to adjust your face a bit more. Getting the match close to perfect is very difficult, so take your time. I don't suggest trying to match your RL body shape too closely, becaues SL clothing favors a tall, thin body that isn't realistic for 90% of real women.

I've found that if one makes an avatar with a realistic height, then a 50 head size looks ok, but if you go for a normal SL height, then you need to enlarge your head slightly. Also, I think arm length needs to be around 80 to look realistic.Look at where your hands fall in relation to your hips in a mirror to get the right proportion.

I've read that Redgrave skins look a little more mature than most good skins do, so you might want to look at their demos to see if they have any you like. I've had the same Redgrave skin for years for my main avatar, which I've tried to make look something like my RL self, & I've been very happy with it. (For my alts, I've used nice, free or inexpensive skins for the most part.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.