How to change marketplace language?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I had it suddenly switch language too, which happened after someone bought something using that language. That's also how I found out that it had archived my old English descriptions in some of the other language tabs (which ones and which bits depending on the age of the product). So that's a thing to check if you've updated your titles or descriptions since listing the product.

• Moderators

Greetings all!

If you click a link to a Marketplace listing that is in one of the alternate languages, it can flip your setting to the language from the link.  

Clicking on the World Map at the top let of the Marketplace web page will allow you to change your setting back to your preferred language. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings all!

If you click a link to a Marketplace listing that is in one of the alternate languages, it can flip your setting to the language from the link.  

Clicking on the World Map at the top let of the Marketplace web page will allow you to change your setting back to your preferred language. 

Dakota, that's what happened for some people, myself included, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that (funny enough, I had it again just 5 minutes ago), even without clicking such a link, sometimes AFTER switching your language back to English it suddenly flips back to, in my case Japanese. Out of nowhere, when having MP open in English and then clicking an English link to a product, it opens that product page but flips to Japanese. I checked the links of some before clicking and they were designated with the /eng-en part in the link. And yet, after clicking then, they opened in Japanese... 🙂

Guess it's time for me to learn Japanese  now! :P

• Haha 1

• Moderators

HI Mikey Shu!

If it keeps happening, try clearing your browsers Cookie files for SL.  I know that phrase has become some kind of fall back excuse for issues, but the MKT sets the cookie with your settings for the MKT, and that could be why it flips back to another language. 

You shouldn't need to delete ALL cookies, just the ones for Second Life or the Marketplace.

The Chrome browser has an awesome feature where you can Inspect the web page and directly delete any cookies that are set for that web site/page directly without mucking about with other site cookies, etc.  Not sure if other browsers offer the same, or similar, options, but might be worth checking. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

The Chrome browser has an awesome feature where you can Inspect the web page and directly delete any cookies that are set for that web site/page directly without mucking about with other site cookies, etc.  Not sure if other browsers offer the same, or similar, options, but might be worth checking. 

Heads-up that Safari (on Mac) and Vivaldi (All platforms) do this also. Vivaldi uses Chrome engine without the Google spyware for anyone concerned about that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

HI Mikey Shu!

If it keeps happening, try clearing your browsers Cookie files for SL.  I know that phrase has become some kind of fall back excuse for issues, but the MKT sets the cookie with your settings for the MKT, and that could be why it flips back to another language. 

You shouldn't need to delete ALL cookies, just the ones for Second Life or the Marketplace.

That was actually the first thing I did after it began happening. I cleared my entire browsere history (well that was about time  to do again anyway), including all Cookies. I still have that problem occasionally... 🙂

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

mostly it changes when you click a direct link to a product from a advertisement or profile. It wil show in the language used by the one that made the link.

OH! Interesting, thank you. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.