Bug with world map?

steeljane42

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I actually had a lil break from SL for about a month and after I got back last week and untill now, there's a bug on the world map.

Some sims just doesn't display on the world map at all, although there are green dots still and I can tele in just fine and mini map still displays everything. Some are private lands and some are on the mainland.

I guess I'll just post a picture of how it looks. Here's the biggest one I found.

http://postimage.org/gallery/ouosgly/8d2a8dba/

So I tried 3 different viewers ( 1 of those I didn't even had installed before ), cleared cache etc, still the same. I can't say it bothers me that much, but still would be nice if that bug was fixed.

steeljane42 wrote:

So I actually had a lil break from SL for about a month and after I got back last week and untill now, there's a bug on the world map.

Some sims just doesn't display on the world map at all, although there are green dots still and I can tele in just fine and mini map still displays everything. Some are private lands and some are on the mainland.

I guess I'll just post a picture of how it looks. Here's the biggest one I found.

So I tried 3 different viewers ( 1 of those I didn't even had installed before ), cleared cache etc, still the same. I can't say it bothers me that much, but still would be nice if that bug was fixed.

OMG, I THOUGHT you said buy....sighs....time for more coffee. *walks out of the room and shuts the door.

There has been an issue with the process used to create the world map "tiles" for a while now, unfortunately (see: my original blog report on the matter - page 2). LL have been working to correct matters (see: my update here), but it is clear they've not caught everything.

If you've not already done so, you might want to raise a bug report on the tiles you've noticed are missing.

Never tried to submit a bug report before, so I just notified sim's owner about that issue. That for sim I care about, the rest... There's just too many of those, even around the place in my OP it's at least 50-60 sims I think and there's more. I think LL need to fix the core issues or it will keep happening at random places all the time.

In mid-November some blogs began reporting on the problem. Second Life World Map Borked.

Filing a JIRA BUG report helps in a number of ways. It gives the Lab a sense of how many people are annoyed enough by the problem to report it, for one. That does shift their priority for what to work on next.

It also, provides some feedback on how well the JIRA is or is NOT working.

Nalates Urriah wrote:

Filing a JIRA BUG report helps in a number of ways. It gives the Lab a sense of how many people are annoyed enough by the problem to report it, for one. That does shift their priority for what to work on next.

It also, provides some feedback on how well the JIRA is or is NOT working.

I made a bug report about the missing tiles in the map (BUG-1234).

And I received feedback:

"Alexa Linden updated BUG-1234:

------------------------------

Resolution: Duplicate"

I received also other feedback:

"Whirly Fizzle commented on BUG-1234:

------------------------------------

Heya Coby,

This duplicates BUG-694 which is a known issue and is being investigated."

And naturally I cannot even view BUG-694.

Well, I was able to give some work for two persons at least.

Maybe that's the intention of the new bug reporting system? :smileyindifferent:

bug_report.gif

anim_44.gif  ... ah, again a bug report, let's see now, duplicate or not? :matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.