i keep losing stuff that i build and cant find it at all

cj Vrandic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

today not even an hour ago about 7:20PM i built a fire station and as i built it i saved it along the progress ive made. and the final version i had i saved 3 times logged back on and its gone i check my lost and found and trash and its not there this has happened SEVERAL times with many other things i have built

3 answers to this question

You say you "saved" it as you built it.  How did you do this?  Did you Take a Copy into your inventory?  If you can't find that, then it's an inventory loss issue.

Where are you doing your building?  Is auto-return enabled on that land parcel?  If so, your build will have been sent to your Lost and Found folder.  It may not have an easily recognizable name...all of your objects will be in a single "coalesced object".  This item has the inventory symbol of a stack of cubes.  It may bear the name of any of the returned objects, most likely simply "object".

OK.  As much as we would like to blame "The Labs" for everything that goes wrong, this indeed sounds like it is YOU . :D

So -- in order to SAVE things in SL as you build, you either need to link all the parts of the item, name it and TAKE A COPY of it (I think this is a right click thing. It is so automatic for most of us it is difficult to remember.) or click on each of the parts and then take a copy of the coalesced item (I see mention of that in other answers). Then LOOK IN YOUR RECENT TAB and you will see the object that you just took a copy of. If you want, you can move it to a folder, like "stuff I am building in December" for example. It is always a good idea to pull out the latest copy -- or at least the last one you have for that time period -- and check it before logging off.

Somewhere along the way you are missing a step. If you edit your post to tell folks exactly what you DO to "save", then someone will likely be able to explain what you are missing.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.