So Linden Lab Wants Us All To Be Naked?

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SinfulPrince wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

......equivelant of saying you can't look decent without overloading the system.  And that is just plain bull dinkey.

But is it? Hasn't the percentage of people complaining about lag increased? Or are just me and mine the only ones feeling a lag more than we have previously? And I'm not saying stripping people of their accessories is the route, I'm askin WHY  sl doesn't seem able to handle very much?

I don't know any way that an accurate survey can be accomplished, though technically the more people that answer the less the margin of error should be.  I do run into lag spikes now and then and still hear the occasional comment from a friend.  Second Life is requiring more computing power than it did a few years ago, and this past year with the introduction of Mesh and other changes, it went up a lot.

I did a small upgrade to my system after these changes were implemented.  After that small upgrade my performance improved to the extant that I am tickled pink with things now.  So I really can only basically speak to my experience, which is what I did.  I can add that I have not heard an increase in complaints among my own circle of friends.  Most of the time these complaints are resolved by either a relog, a reboot or resetting modem.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blah.... after having read the whole 24 pages of this thread, i have somehow kinda like an indigestion... lol....

but... Am i late for the naked party that Perrie wants to invite us ? This is the kind of things i wouldnt never forgive myself for having missed :smileywink: (this is prob bec ive never seen martians, cows or cats naked hehehehheh)

Perrie..... Can we come with hair or is it naked AND bald party ?

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

blah.... after having read the whole 24 pages of this thread, i have somehow kinda like an indigestion... lol....

but... Am i late for the naked party that Perrie wants to invite us ? This is the kind of things i wouldnt never forgive myself for having missed :smileywink: 
(this is prob bec ive never seen martians, cows or cats naked hehehehheh)

yes. i heard that GDF has that affect on quite a few people apparently. dunno how true it is tho. might be like true true. or just mostly true. or nearly true. or sometimes true. or maybe true. or even just  maybe maybe true

(:

+

so then about naked cows? what color do you like?

martians are green i think. dunno exactly bc i never seen a naked martian

and i think is a crime to look at naked cats. bc you would have to like shear them or something. which dont seem like a very good idea. probably get in lots of trouble if you done that. maybe

16 wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

but... Am i late for the naked party that Perrie wants to invite us ? This is the kind of things i wouldnt never forgive myself for having missed :smileywink: 
(this is prob bec ive never seen martians, cows or cats naked hehehehheh)

yes. i heard that GDF has that affect on quite a few people apparently. dunno how true it is tho. might be like true true. or just mostly true. or nearly true. or sometimes true. or maybe true. or even just  maybe maybe true

(:

+

so then about naked cows? what color do you like?

martians are green i think. dunno exactly bc i never seen a naked martian

and i think is a crime to look at naked cats. bc you would have to like shear them or something. which dont seem like a very good idea. probably get in lots of trouble if you done that. maybe

ahhahahahhahha

well first what do u call GDF ? (lol here in France its a gaz company.. i dont think you are talking about it lol)

So for cows, id like them with a sweet cream colors... should be reminding me some milk or cream hehehhehe

For cat, i wont even try with mine... Althought ive recently had to bring her to the vet for an operation and they gave her back to me with a lovely turtlenecked cream pull over... first time i saw her wearing clothes... i have to confess, she was awesomely lovely with it... althought she came almost insane at the end of the 10 days she had to wear it bec there was no way she could clean herself. 

She still have all her tummy bald, and well... i can say that she's still precious.... ehhehehhehe

Anyway, if i learn you did the naked party without me ..... awwww... i dont think i will ever forgive me for having miss it... neither forgive you all for not having wait for me... 

ETA : ah yes, i get it .... GDF is general discussion forum isnt it ? hehehehehhe 

Phil Deakins wrote:

If the naked party has already gone, you could organise your own - and invite us all to it
:D

NO ! because if you had the naked party without me its unfair !!!! i ll stay here and start to make a big tantrum, just for revenge....:smileywink:

btw, my land is all snowy for now... are you really sure you want to make a naked party there ? hehehheheh ..Awww.. i think i hold my revenge here lol.... everyone in my land for a naked party lol !!!!!!

/me goes right away to add even more snow and put some bottles of champagne in the fridge :smileywink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

If the naked party has already gone, you could organise your own - and invite us all to it

NO ! because if you had the naked party without me its unfair !!!! i ll stay here and start to make a big tantrum, just for revenge....:smileywink:

btw, my land is all snowy for now... are you really sure you want to make a naked party there ? hehehheheh ..Awww.. i think i hold my revenge here lol.... everyone in my land for a naked party lol !!!!!!

/me goes right away to add even more snow and put some bottles of champagne in the fridge :smileywink:

well i think is best to wait a bit longer and see who else turns up for the party before you get naked

bc

i havent got any alt to come on

phil not done naked in years or so he says

and perrie just likes to watch seems like

so that kinda just leaves you to get naked so far

and any cows that might come. altho they maybe not want to get naked in the snow. not unless they like polar cows or something (:

+

am happy to hear that your cat is ok

yes lol they dont like it when they get shaved at the vet. our cat went mental when that happen as well. was sadface for ages afterwards til it grew back 

I may not have got naked in years but that's not what I said. I said I haven't done any of the 'close-up' things in years. I can be up for a bit of naked partying - even nude skydiving :D

And speaking of nude skydiving, I've done that a few times with a few friends. One time, a naked girl landed in the bath tub of a neighbour - who was in the tub at time. That must have been a very welcome surprise for him lol. On the same session, one guy lost his willie on the way down. He'd no idea what happened to it. It was there when he jumped and missing when he landed lol.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

But you haven't told us where your land is :(

ahahahhah yes shes fine now..

the pull over put her almost in depression for the 4 last days she had to wear it lol... 

but now she ok lol.. she's a 16,5 years old lady still enjoying life and obviously not enjoying cat's clothes lol...

I wanted to start a new line with this pull-over in my SL store, im pretty sure such sexy top could have a great success hehehehhe.. but well, ive been lazy lately :smileywink:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

But you haven't told us where your land is
:(

ahahhahah do not worry, the invite will come in time..ehhehhehe. i still need to add some snow more here, prepare toasts and drinks and we wont start this naked party before our favorite martian is back lol....

Phil Deakins wrote:

I may be gone by then and I'll miss it
:(

ah ! do not worry you have time to come back lol... im just realizing that no way this party happens without our favorite qualified chipmunk.... i really do not want to miss such great occasion to see how a chipmunk look naked...

This is why im sorry, but this party wont be able to happen before spring... except of course, if he comes back before...

now, with naked humans, martian, cats, cows and chipmunk, who else can we invite for this awesome planed party lol ? any ideas ?

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

blah.... after having read the whole
24 pages
of this thread [...]

If you'd waited a little longer, you could have saved a lot of time. The thread is now down to a mere 9 full pages and a few posts on the 10th page. In other words, most of this thread had vanished. I wonder why.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Maybe most of the thread was removed because it had gone off-topic even though the OP joined in with the off-topic discussions. If that's the reason for the cuts, you'd better get your party organised quickly, Trinity, before this discussion also gets axed
:)

naaaaa... still deep night there... except if this thread have give to them insomny, i bet they are still sleeping... we still have some hours for having fun lol

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Maybe most of the thread was removed because it had gone off-topic even though the OP joined in with the off-topic discussions. If that's the reason for the cuts, you'd better get your party organised quickly, Trinity, before this discussion also gets axed
:)

naaaaa... still deep night there... except if this thread have give to them insomny, i bet they are still sleeping... we still have some hours for having fun lol

Don't be too sure. Spam threads are removed quickly, regardless of the U.S. being asleep in bed. And the stuff in this thread was removed in the last hour or so, so somebody is awake somewhere :)

Anyway, I started a new thread for the stuff that got removed. I thought it was a very interesting discussion.

btw... imho, posts havent been deleted bec they were offtopic, but prob more bec no matter what opinion they were expressing, some have been writed in an irrelevant way, or at least in an very unfriendly way. When i say it gave me indigestion, im not joking at all, it took away from me any desire to add my contribution to the debate bec it was turning in a rethoric fight with rudness on top more than in a real debate. I do think that its why a lot of these posts have been deleted. I dont deny that i can myself be involved in such unfriendly kind of discussions, but seen from outside i admit this is not pleasant to read for anyone else. :smileywink:

that said, im going to finish reading your post in the other thread, it sounds interesting indeed.. and this time i wont have to read 24 pages before maybe adding my contribution lol

It's an odd one. First, I don't believe than any moderator would read through all those pages of posts and delete any that s/he saw fit to delete. My impression is that mods here only deal with posts that have been reported. Imo, someone has reported the posts that were deleted. It might have been Perrie (the OP) or it might have been anyone else.

I didn't see any heat or insults or anything like that in the thread. One person said that another person had been rude (which I disagreed with) but even that little bit of alleged rudeness was incredibly mild, if it was rude at all. There were some strong views, yes, but no heat that I detected.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.