Terrain Textures Not Updating Live

Gusher Castaignede

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The terrain textures are generated on the fly for each viewer when you enter the sim -- and what you see won't be exactly the same as anybody else, nor the same today as tomorrow.

I think, however, that what you're describing is more dramatic than that, and you know, after all the years I've terraformed, I can't honestly say whether the textures ever did update to reflect the new elevation or not. If it's changed, (As I think about it, I wonder if this could have changed with the introduction of Pathfinding; it would make some sense to hold off generating new terrain textures until the region is rebaked, if then.)

[EDIT: Reading a bit more between the lines, I think you mean you're changing the terrain textures in the Region window. I remember being frustrated when changing the threshold numbers and things didn't update as expected, but changing the textures themselves... not updating to reflect that does sound unusual.]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gusher Castaignede wrote:

I did find a minor workaround, edit terrain mode, roughen or try smooth low setting...... after that results will come.

This isnt helping me at all. Even after a relog I cant see changes. Also I am using the official LL viewer

Second Life 3.5.1 (274821) Apr 25 2013 15:34:10 (Second Life Release)

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.