My username are so long it causes script problems. Can i pay for a renaming my username ?

ZaziaDreamweaver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My username is so long that several scripts in the bdsm community wont respond or work as it should. This was found out the Open Collar Community. I wasted loads of money thinking the items wouldnt work due to another problem with the items themselves. This was proven wrong when i had a second account opened with a far shorter name less than 12 characters that worked all correctly. Now i do not ask for the money back on all the wasted items that has been deleted like Dominatech, RLV based items etc. Instead of having to delete the account and start from beginning with a shorter name i hoped i could just get the account renamed down to under 12 characters. It would be a great waste again having to lose more "no transferable" items and "avatars".

With all due respect to Linden and its communities that try so hard to make RolePlay enjoyable

Desperetly willing to pay for shortening the username

2 answers to this question

I'm so sorry you are having this issue with your RP equipotent ZaziaDreamweaver.

Unfortunately you can not change the name on your account. This is the name most scripts are designed to use.. As you have no doubt discovered, the "Display" name is ignored by your object scripts as well. You can certainly create another SecondLife account that meets the limitations of the scripts of your community.

The problem lays with the script developers of your purchased items. I don't ever recall a limit on secondlife account name length of 12 characters.

Your username is like your Social Securiy Number in RL.  It cannot be changed.  Ever.  We are all SL residents like you, so all we can do is sympathize and tell you that you'll get nowhere complaining about this one.  As Karen says, the real problem is with whoever wrote the scripts you have been dealing with.  There's no reason to have a 12 character limitation.  That restriction only affects the length of a lable that can be displayed on a dialog button.  A good scripter can write a script can get around that tiny problem and that will handle any name in SL. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.