• Announcements

• Xiola Linden

The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xyr Frost

Only a prim outline when selected - Prim disappears while being moved in edit mode

4 posts in this topic

Lately I've noticed (im using firestorm), that when I edit an object, it disappears when I move the prim via arrows. I also just see a bare bones outline when the object is right clicked, selected etc. Makes it impossible to create, move or edit items. Am I the first? Did I unknowinly change a preference?

check your build settings - there is a setting that will make the prim you select transparent. I can't remember if it's in the build tools menu or on the advanced tab but I'm pretty sure it's in one of the two.

You were RIGHT! Thank you so much! For those of you who come upon this, go to your Advanced menu at the top of your screen (for a second i was looking for advanced option in the edit window haha). Uncheck "Hide Selected". Voila!

I am so glad I looked here before posting.  thank you so much, I just started having the same issue and figured I clicked something I shouldn't have or my fingers slipped and the wrong combo of ctrl, alt, and or a letter happened.  It's good to know I only made a minor mistake that is easy to fix. 

Thank you!