Beginning to become really frustrated with SL now

Tealthantos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So today I went to upload another mesh model, only for the millionth time to have the SLmesh upload scream at me "UNABLE TO SET MESH PREMISSIONS", so I went to where the file was, reset all the premissions only to have it happen another 5 times before it uploaded.

Then when I rezzed it and clicked on the damn thing - my SL view froze then crashed to the desktop for like the 10000 time.

Then I had to login in a diffrent area - because hey everytime it happens I can't access the area I was in

Then when I managed to log back in and rezz the item and get it ready for sale, my viewer crashed when I went to create a new folder

Then when I logged back in again - no texture would load and its been like that for the last 2 !@#!@#!@#!@#!@$! hours

Thing is that this happens every !@#! week to me and it only seems to happen when I have something of importance to do.

I've tried deleting and re-installing, ive updated my card ive tried using diffrent views and all thats happened is that I now have a fist full of pulled out hair and a desire to never come back to SL

/me wonders how heavy the mesh is in vertecies/polygons. May I view your model in world my self?

Mesh Permissions are done server side  . If the server is having issues with your mesh then it will report errors... What permissions you have set in the file is beyond me.

Sounds like your video card may be struggling?

Also if your viewer is having issue on upload try disabling the generation and use of SLM files in debug settings maybe . open debug and find MeshImportUseSLM and set it to false..

The mesh shouldnt cause any issue with folder creation. Not sure but possibly your hardware is struggling somewhere and should run some benchmarks maybe. Chek Video card temps etc

I don't know where to ask about this but when i try to do a mesh upload of a dae. file it tells me i have to do a ip test over and over and over again after I got 10 out of 101 which is 100% so if someone could help me - admin would be handy to sort this stupid thing out because im not going to provide payinfo just to upload mesh. 

No textures loading? Some areas not available on login? Trouble uploading mesh?

Not sure, but that  has got "bad connection"  written all over it. Could be on either end or anywhere in between. Did you already try resetting your router/modem? Just turn off the power and let it sit for a few minutes.

Like mentioned before, bigger mesh means bigger chances of problems. How many poly's does your model have?

Mesh does seem to have its days and it's viewer preferences. There are times when mesh calculates just fine but then sits for  an eternity waiting to upload. The other day I went to bed with the waiting to load screen up and when I awoke  gee there it was 8 hours later )) still trying to function properly. I might suggest you open the statistics menu in SL  crl-shift-1 then look at your ping times  50 ms to 140ms is considered useable many times I have seen pings running up to 6000ms  that's 6 seconds. If you are in the Eastern US there seems to be only one path to the servers through Oklahoma and Texas  this is where many times I have found a bad router. I reported it several times but it continues to be in operation.

I also change viewers when uploads fail the LL viewer is by far the most stable but when it gives problems I fall back to the Firestorm many times with the same results except it is very sensitive to errors. As a last resort I use the Phoenix viewer which does not have the benefit of a fully operational engine but seems to be very forgiving and many times is the only path to success.

[As far as no financial information  on record just means find a friend to upload your mesh because "no info no play"]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.