Christmas cards?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is no one best way.  I've seen (and done some of) the following over the years, which is by no means an exhaustive list:

*If one has some building skills, creating a card to send out.  I have seen everything from a photo with an inscription to very elaborate ones.  One year I received one that included snow, flashing lights and played music.  I kept it rezzed during the Christmas season. :)

*A note card with Christmas greetings

*A gift sent from the MP

*A gift either built by the person or purchased with transfer permissions and given directly to the recipient/s

Additionally I think there are some gift/card shops in SL that one can contact and the shop owner sends a card/gift out on one's behalf

ETA:  To add to the list above of places to purchase cards - Beck's Cards

A lot of people make their own Christmas card or more like a post card or image, in a photo program of their choice. Then, they upload the image into Second Life, and put it on one side of a prim. To do that, make a cube, flatten it, choose the texture tab, choose 'blank,' then click on top of the edit window, where it says "select texture" or something like that. Sorry I'm not in world, but you can figure it out or someone can post corrections.

Then, after you select to just put a texture on one side of the prim, touch the side of the prim where you plan to put the image.

Then you can click the image window in the texture tab, in edit, and choose the image you uploaded. (Or you can also drag the image from your inventory onto the face of the prim.)

Next, use the blank in the center of the edit tab to type a title for your object. Such as Christmas Card, or Merry Christmas from (your name.)

Now, at the bottom of the edit tab, for the entire prim, select permissions. I would probably say, at least make the prim 'no modify' - you never know where a prim with your name on it might end up, and then a griefer can use it, to grief with.

Lastly of course, pick it up and put it in your inventory. Maybe make a folder for it, so you can find it easily later.

How to send it to a bunch of people at once? Artizan sells a mailbox which will do that for you. Just find their shop,and look for the mailbox that will send out whatever you put in there, to the list you type on its note card. It will even keep watching for them to log in so it can be sent when they are online.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.