Fantasy/Medieval themed sim?

Hubes Darkfold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been creating Medieval themed parcels from place to place and have had some fun with it, but I've been thinking of buying a full sim and devoting the entirety of it to a fantasy/medieval adult sim open for everyone's enjoyment.

The problem is I'm unsure if there's any demand for such a thing as it would only work out if at least 2/3rds of it would be self-sustaining via donations/tips/rentals

There'd be a central castle owned by me, as well as numerous dwellings, an Inn, Tavern, Port with sailable and unsailable ships, marketplace, and quite a few others.

I have the inventory to completely deck it out...even have a small scale sample set up on a mainland parcel as an experiment...just need to see if there's be enough interest to actually do it.

Overall it'd be open to pretty much all adult content...mostly BDSM themed with a completely medieval/fantasy setting, but friendly to Gor or any other RP.

Thoughts?

If it's really well done, and you can figure out how to attract attention to it, then you may get somewhere with it. I've been looking for a good sim like that (which also has PEOPLE in it) for a while. Sadly, most sims I've seen so far fall into one of the following catagories -

1) well made, no people

2) poorly done, or

3) BORING

Also , try to get vendors selling really GOOD items in the genre. My avi is a female elf and I really hate wandering a marketplace only to find that everything for sale is inferior junk. It's a waste of time and also disappoints people with the sim. 

I agree on pretty much everything you've said...but I'm getting more and more discouraged as I try moving forward with my plans. I've tried hiring developers to make me certain custom items, and I've reached out to numerous developers whose merchandise I feel is well above average ( I specifically went after venders whose items I regularly buy...I wasn't asking for them to rent space...just wanted to sell their goods and possible do an affiliate program) and not a single one has gotten back to me. I've even replied to forum posts from people looking for work...nothing...it actually made me double check to make sure I didn't have IMs blocked or something.

I still plan to do it...as I want it as a personal home anyway...but if I can't even hire people to do a few simple tasks (money was never even discussed so it's not like I'm not paying enough...I always intend to pay well as I want quality when I buy) then how can I expect customers/players to be active?

It is a frustrating thing to offer people what you think they will like, only to get no reponses.  Content creators make or break a sim and, in my case, a virtual world.  Virtual Highway offers full sims with 40,000 prims for $75 USD per month and no set up fees.  Yet, even the low costs don't seem to be important to many.  We have sims set up for a variety of roleplay communities.  Finding people who wish to play on them is a challenge.  We have people in our Virtual Highway who have developed up to as many as 11 sims (combination of full sim and homestead and water sims) for less than the price of one sim in SL.  We would love to see an active Fantasy community here, but don't get responses when we contact people.  It is so much fun to be on the ground floor of building a world, and watching the development.  Content and sim creators always amaze me with their talents and vision.  virtualhighway.us

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.