Mesh attachment issues beginning 12/20

Schechinah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Strange issue I have been having which began yesterday (12/20/2012). Several actually. Bear in mind nearly all of my inventory is mesh so my experiences may be limited to mesh, but not limited to them, and have affected rigged and non rigged but in different ways. 

1) When logging in, nearly ever time, my mesh items are not visible (that I am wearing) OR sometimes, they are incorrectly attached, meaning, my hair is above my head and vertical or a dress is vertical in the middle of my torso. In other words rigged mesh items if they DO show, are not rigged propely to the right attach point (I think that is what is happening). 

Sometimes if I select the item as if to edit it, it will appear, when not attached correctly, nothing but a relog will help, detaching and reattaching appears the same. 

2) Inventory loads much slower than before.

3) when teleporting across regions (not within the same sim). My footwear is always missing, rigged or unrigged, they are just blank, but I see the items attached and it I select to edit them, they are showing the mesh frame. Sometimes selecting will make them visible, but not always. Detaching and reattaching also, sometimes resolves.

Just strange that it all started all of a sudden on 12/20. I can't be the only one, I do know 2 other people that have had similar issues but they are also running the same software I am so wanted top get some outside feedback.

And yes, I have tried doing a complete manual cache clear and even a clean delete and recreating of my lsl bridge.

I'm running Firestorm 4.3.1 on a Mac with OSX 10.8.2, however I have have had the same issue on PCs running the latest version of Firestorm as well. I have not tried a different viewer yet to see if issues perssist them since I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue before I begin uninstalling and installing different software. I also tested my internet connection and not experiencing any latency or packet loss. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me but in search I wasn't seeing any similar complaints.

It's kind of stramnge when you'r avatar is plaged by an issue noone else has and it seems to cross multiple operating ststems and internet connections, thought I found one person having the issue. Also, seems that the problem is with all mesh rendering, even when I go to a sim with mesh builds they are tough to rez unless I highlight them first. Perhaps a sign that SL is not the besrt simulator for me, 

Add to that excrucuatingly long time teleporting between regions, more frequent failures. My internete connection is running at peak performance, no packet loss or latency whatsoever and this issue happened when I was on 3 internet connections at 3 locations,.

Hitomi Tiponi wrote:

Also 'detach all' and then try teleporting to see if that helps.

That sounds like a good suggestion.

@OP

I'm not sure about this at all, but it is possible you have one or two "offending"  items attached to your avatar. A mesh object can be very very big on the network, maybe you are wearing something that is simply too complicated. I've seen mesh objects so detailed and dense, the wireframe looks almost solid. Normally such an item will have a very high display cost (depending on the LoD models). Easiest way to check is by activating the avatar rendering cost (advanced menu -> performance tools -> Show draw weight for avatars). LL suggests a weight of 40 000 max. 100 000 shouldn't be an issue, but some avatars have a weight of several 100s of 1000s. If it is very high, try to find what object(s) is/are causing it by selecting them one by one. You can select rigged mesh by editing some non rigged mesh then clicking on the rigged mesh. In the edit menu click "more". I always look at this on a demo before buying and it has made me pass on several wonderful looking objects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.