Avatar and his Lindens Stolen to a Friend, need Help !

BeFuture

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

To help a friend cheated, place here your help ...

Theft of avatar edowarrior2 ... Wednesday 2012, 12, 18 at 22.30 time or so, my friend was stolen his  avatar "edowarrior2."
> Him no longer able to connect, or to reset password.
> Him no longer able to manage land that have rented.
> Him have certainly been stolen linden / $ present in my account.

The person who stole my friend avatar, is entering Second Life with stolen avatar  "edowarrior2" and threatens to steal on  "Local and Private chat" , other avatars and also another owner of the club that manage.
Of the above are also present more witnesses, to which I invited  him to do, in turn, report to Linden.

Being l'avatar rubato del mio amico (edowarrior2) the Owner of unikosogno in PearlBeach, egli chiede beg Second Life Support to take prompt action to the person who stole thenick, and if possible to reverse the situations.

Thanks in advance & Best Regartds

---- Addendum at 7:29 pm .....

I think there is a misunderstanding ...
And I apologize if I have not explained well ...
... people who stole the avatars have also changed the email, and reset functions and password reset does not work anymore ...
... is no longer possible to enter with quell'avatar and consequently can not even follow the regular procedures of complaint ...
(Sorry for the question: Do you know then if there is a mode to make this kind of report?)
.. Thanks again ...

5 answers to this question

If you are trying to contact support, this is not it.

Click Help > Contact Support

https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support

Your friend whose account was stolen needs to report it immediately by following the instructions at this link:

What to do if your account is compromised

Your account may have been compromised if:

• You can't access your account.
  • You suddenly notice a reduced available balance on the payment source you have on file.

If this happens, contact us immediately!

Here's what to do:

1. Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
  2. On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  3. On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
  4. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  5. Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
  6. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  7. Click Submit.
  8. Check your email for your case number.
  9. Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990.

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

32px-KBtip.png

Tip: Even if you are able to log into your account, we recommend that you change your password immediately to something secure and unique.  Changing your password regularly is one good way to protect the safety of your account.  For information on how to change your password, see the How to change your password section of this article.

• Like 1

We cannot do anyhing, because we are all SL residents like you.  There are no Lindens here.

Here's what to do:

1. Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
  2. On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  3. On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
  4. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  5. Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
  6. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  7. Click Submit.
  8. Check your email for your case number.
  9. Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990.

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

32px-KBtip.png

Tip: Even if you are able to log into your account, we recommend that you change your password immediately to something secure and unique.  Changing your password regularly is one good way to protect the safety of your account.  For information on how to change your password, see the How to change your password section of this article.

• Like 1

I think there is a misunderstanding ...

And I apologize if I have not explained well ...

... people who stole the avatars have also changed the email, and reset functions and password reset does not work anymore ...

... is no longer possible to enter with quell'avatar and consequently can not even follow the regular procedures of complaint ...

(Sorry for the question: Do you know then if there is a mode to make this kind of report?)

.. Thanks again ...

Charolotte Caxton gave you the link to Linden Lab support. Your friend needs to submit a support ticket to Linden Lab.......no one here can help beyond the advice that has already been given.
It appears that your friend's account has be 100% compromised. That means that the person who took over your friend's account as already changed the password and email..........your friend cannot access the account anymore. Your friend cannot change the password once someone else has taken over the account (like what it appears has happened). Have your friend create another account and then have him/her submit the support ticket to LL. Give as much factual information as possible in the ticket. Linden Lab is the only one who can fix this problem.........they have methods for determining who is the rightful owner of the account so your friend must follow their instructions.
And just a note. An account that has been taken over by someone is an account that is no longer "yours" until the account is recovered by LL. Your friend is going to have to prove that he/she are the true owner of the account.........it may not be possible to do that to LL's satisfaction which means the account may be lost forever to your friend. If there is any payment method information that your friend placed on the account then it is imparitive that your friend notify the provider of that payment method (credit card, debit card or PayPal). The person who took the account over has complete access to that payment method and can spend a lot of real life money on your friend's behalf. There is a lot of personal information that can be gained by the theif........your friend needs to act quickly to protect him/herself. Both financial and personal safety is at stake.
And one last thing. The thief can only access anyone's account by gaining the password to the account. That's why it's so important to create strong, hard to guess or break passwords (and change those passwords regularly). Never give your password to anyone.......even your best most trusted friend in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.