Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GothGirl Demonia

Fix Second Life

Recommended Posts

Seriously Linden Lab can we get some Lindens on this post, the CEO whomever that is or whoever is running Linden Lab to seriously Fix this service/Game/Simulator/World anything you wish to call it?

1. Lack of last names to choose from, why this option was removed was completely stupid. Give residents back last names possibly allowing them to create their own similar to DarkFall, GuildWars 2 etc.

2. Lack of Security, may I say again how much PHISHING is going around and how Linden Lab has failed to do anything to prevent it. Look every company makes mistakes but now is the time to Learn Linden Lab my loss of over $300 worth of inventory assets that are unable to be recovered should prove this enough to you all assets that could be worth THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS because they can never be obtained again.

Second Life requires no security question, no Login IP Confirmation emails, No inventory backup incase of hacked account, No Secondary Password, none of this. Basically if someone gets your account name and password in any way you can get screwed your bank accounts can have thousands of dollars charged to it and quickly laundered out the person may never be found.

3. AGE Play, and Adult Verification, This is another problem I see is Teens/Kids under the age of 18 accessing Second Life and the ability to get into adult areas it is stressful not knowing if the person I am YIFFING is an adult or a kid under the age of 18, or let alone the groups who lure teens from the Teen Grid that merged with the adult grid into adult content.

Social Media is a problem.

YouTube, Twitter, Myspace are a problem you see, for example if you find a harassing post online about you but it doesn't specify your Real Life identity they allow it to stay because of the First Ammedment right.While I agree in free speech this is being abused by CopyBotters, and Griefers, posting Copyrighted content to their forum hosted outside of the U.S, and then linking it on sites like YouTube & Twitter which are U.S based services, these sites then refuse to remove the websites which contain this copyrighted content because they can't prove it, or because they have no access to verify that it is actually copyrighted its just pathetic. You see not only copyright, but gamer tags if you get taped without consent in any game they can post it and it wont be removed even if you said things you didn't want others to know also leaving the door open to harassment.

Like it or not.

Second Life is done for, in my eyes its dead as a simulator, or game the only people really still playing are addicts and a ton of alts/their friends really at least this is the way I see it. Lots of people are leaving lots of my friends have left Second Life because of how bad it is, bad decisions made by Linden Lab, and reasons like griefers. Even merchants I know of have left Second Life popular ones because of GRIEFERS, and full perms permissions exploited content going around SL of theirs.

While I understand Linden Lab can't protect every users bad things do happen, It has major room for improvement, and I don't see anything coming to protect us for years of complaining about Linden Lab not fixing it normally a actual MMO company would have added this protection quite fast for hacking/phishing for example, but Linden Lab they don't.  What I don't know is how many Linden Employee are working for Linden Lab, or where the Big Cheese is who is supposed to be running Second Life sure I see all these games like patterns and lindenlab.combut I want to know about Second Life.

I have used Second Life for 4 years now before I finally am leaving SL except logging in checking on things once in awhile seeing if my naked avatar is still where I parked it and I see how broken it is how much fixing it needs.

I dont know folks.

It just seems like the Lindens Have given up on Second Life, moved on to other projects and left it as a stand alone service with minimum customer stupport, of course this is just an opinion I can't speak for all the Lindens or the company but just what I am thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entertaining reading thank you

Sorry your having a bad time of it...I can understand your frustration relating to lost inventory items

We are all aware that there are issues that need fixing like any gaming platform issues crop up and what looks like simple fixes in some cases appear to be slow coming and in the meantime many people like yourself suffer

I doubt that a Linden will be reading the post

I hope that wherever you move on to play in the future offers you the security and support you need...in the time that I have been on SL (just over 3 years) anytime I have had an issue Linden Labs have been very helpful and supportive

I wish you well for the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like 2008 all over again.

SL is what it is. It's not going to change now. It's just something they will milk until the last sucker stops giving them money for nothing.

Any hope you put on SL growing up into something decent is a wasted hope. I've been here almost 10 years and it's pretty obvious that the best days are long past. Like 4 , maybe 5 years at least. If you want to see the future then you have to stop living in the past.

 

"it is stressful not knowing if the person I am YIFFING is an adult or a kid under the age of 18" - Yes, I can see how sucking on a animals dong and wondering if it's just a pup can be stressful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LL dug themselves in a hole by providing a framework that was flawed from the beginning because it simply isn't scalable.

The fad is over and has been for several years. Cut your losses and move on. I did that a year ago after running a very sucessful estate company, and haven't looked back since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


GothGirl Demonia wrote:

 

Second Life is done for, in my eyes its dead as a simulator, or game the only people really still playing are addicts and a ton of alts/their friends really at least this is the way I see it. Lots of people are leaving lots of my friends have left Second Life because of how bad it is, bad decisions made by Linden Lab, and reasons like griefers.

kthxbye

Can I haz UR lootz?

 


DJQuad Radio wrote:

The fad is over and has been for several years. Cut your losses and move on. I did that a year ago after running a very sucessful estate company, and haven't looked back since.

Unfortunately I have yet to run a very successful estate company. So I'm not allowed to leave yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


DJQuad Radio wrote:

LL dug themselves in a hole by providing a framework that was flawed from the beginning because it simply isn't scalable.

The fad is over and has been for several years. Cut your losses and move on. I did that a year ago after running a very sucessful estate company, and haven't looked back since.

If you have moved on why do you still read/post in the forums... you haven't moved on and you are still looking back.

People have  been saying SL is dead or dying for years yet it is still here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Pussycat Catnap wrote:


GothGirl Demonia wrote:

 

Second Life is done for, in my eyes its dead as a simulator, or game the only people really still playing are addicts and a ton of alts/their friends really at least this is the way I see it. Lots of people are leaving lots of my friends have left Second Life because of how bad it is, bad decisions made by Linden Lab, and reasons like griefers.

kthxbye

Can I haz UR lootz?

 

DJQuad Radio wrote:

The fad is over and has been for several years. Cut your losses and move on. I did that a year ago after running a very sucessful estate company, and haven't looked back since.

Unfortunately I have yet to run a very successful estate company. So I'm not allowed to leave yet.

jejejeeje (:

+

seeing as how you never asked off DJ

DJ ??? i can haz ur stuffs pls ??? tnks(:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


DJQuad Radio wrote:

The fad is over and has been for several years. Cut your losses and move on. I did that a year ago after running a very sucessful estate company, and haven't looked back since.

Aren't you looking back now by reading the forums?

Although the platform is "dying" or in a perpetual state of decline, there are still lots of opportunities for business. I have involvement in 5 businesses in SL and all are still very much profitable. 

So "cut your losses and run" is probably good advice if you are in the estate ownership or land flipping business, but there is no reason for anyone who creates content to follow that advice. There will be demand for good content right up to the end, It will just be a case that demand will lessen and competition to meet the demand will increase (as we have seen in the last 5 years) so there will be less L$ to spread around. Many markets in SL are still very competitive and offer opportunity to those people in a position to capitalise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:


DJQuad Radio wrote:

The fad is over and has been for several years. Cut your losses and move on. I did that a year ago after running a very sucessful estate company, and haven't looked back since.

Aren't you looking back now by reading the forums?

Although the platform is "dying" or in a perpetual state of decline, there are still lots of opportunities for business. I have involvement in 5 businesses in SL and all are still very much profitable. 

So "cut your losses and run" is probably good advice if you are in the estate ownership or land flipping business, but there is no reason for anyone who creates content to follow that advice. There will be demand for good content right up to the end, It will just be a case that demand will lessen and competition to meet the demand will increase (as we have seen in the last 5 years) so there will be less L$ to spread around. Many markets in SL are still very competitive and offer opportunity to those people in a position to capitalise.

this a really good point you making

the way you say then can see exactly why DJ thinks is all over

it is for him while the land market is falling. if the land pricing model is ever changed so that residents can costplus it again then he will come zooming back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 wrote:

it is for him while the land market is falling. if the land pricing model is ever changed so that residents can
costplus
it again then he will come zooming back

That's sneaky! You invented a word and inserted without any warning. I thought fair notice was needed before a newly invented word could be used in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


GothGirl Demonia wrote:

Waaaaahhhhhh! Ima leaving for keeps this time. Just like last time. And the time before that.


Take a number and wait your turn. Second Life has been 'on the ropes' / 'ending' / 'doomed' / 'failing' ever since day one. I've been a Second Life resident for 7 1/2 years and people have been singing your song the whole time and will continue to do so. Nothing lasts forever and there will come a time when Second Life will close although I don't see that happening any time soon. After all, that dinosaur Active Worlds is still chugging along.

If you really want a bellweather to watch vis-a-vis the fate of Second Life keep an eye on Anshe Chung. There's a symbiotic relationship if ever there was one. The day ACS starts liquidating its landholdings in SL is the day you'll know for certain that SL's days are numbered. Until then enjoy the ride and make of it whatever you will.

BTW, can I have your stuff ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Costplus has a Newspeak ring to it. Thus we now have: Cost, Costplus and Costdoubleplus.

and cost-plus

which is some kinda shorthand for costminusplus

something like that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing they could and should in my opinion, fix, is group chat. There is no reason for it to still be so borked. 

For their own good, too. If they are marketing it as a social media, the most widely used social aspect is what? Group chat.

Chat lag is commonplace. Fix the basics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed seeing this thread earlier but thought I would bring a late ray of sunshine in to brighten things up. It looks like the day after you wrote, Linden Lab posted, "A Look Back at Improvements to Second Life in 2012 and Forward to 2013" in the blogs. According to their statement, all is going spectacularly well in SL with many fine improvements this year and more to come in 2013! Of course a lot of people said the world was suppose to end on the 21st too but Linden Lab has more integrity and intelligence than those bunch of lunatics, right?

Don't worry about all the small things you brought up, just come skip through the fields of virtual daisies with me and realize what a perfect paradise Second Life is every day!  La la-la-la....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My "not two but a few" words...

 

Second life is what people make it. It's not a few tweaks or changes that will suddently make people rush in.

 

Of course theree are some issues, but the thing ain't broken at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Blaz Neuman wrote:

My "not two but a few" words...

 

My guess is that she ran out of batteries for her vibrator again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...